We stayed for 2 nights in a hypo-allergenic king suite with a mountain view. Our initial reservation was for a regular king suite with a mountain view, but becaue our room wasn't ready at the time, and we requested non-feather pillows because of our allergies, we were upgraded to a hypo-allergenic room. These are rooms that are given extra special cleaning, an air filter, and "pure" pillows that are not suppose to be feather.
When we arrived in the room, my eyes immediately started to water. We checked the pillows, and alarmingly, each one was down (feather). When we called down, they at first didn't believe us (I said I opened one and features came spilling out). They sent housekeeping who was extremely apologetic and said that all the non-down pillows were being cleaned and some of the staff must not have known to put non-down pillows into these rooms. They rounded up the appropriate pillows for us and cleaned up the features that spilled out.
The room itself was very nice, with lots of room for our family (2 adults, and 2 kids). The bed was very comfortable and bathroom nicely appointed and clean. The pull out sofa was small (a full size?) but had a separate "chaise" part where our younger child could sleep, giving our teen a little more room in the pull out mattress.
The bell and valet staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our car was always brought up quickly with a smile.
One evening we returned to our room around 5 to get ready for dinner, and one of the housekeeping staff was in our room cleaning. Since we had dinner reservations at 6:30 and needed to use the bathrooms to shower, we asked her to return later. Though when we returned in the evening, it didn't appear that our room was serviced. Since it was late and we were going to check out the next day, we didn't bother to call anybody. We did get a call from the front desk that evening -- I thought they were calling to apologize for skipping our room housekeeping, but they said that somebody called to complain about noise in our room and if we could please turn down our music or tv. Since the kids were in bed and we didn't have anything on, we told them it must not be our room (they did apologize for the mistake) . Interestingly, early the next morning as we were packing up, somebody from housekeeping did come to our room to clean (we said we were checking out in a little while).
Thursday evenings the street in front of the hotel is blocked off for a street fair with food, music, & arts/crafts. It's a very fun, and family-oriented fair.
Except for the few blips in housekeeping service, we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Springs' only all suite, newly renovated hotel located in the heart of the historic village. Just footsteps from shopping, restaurants, galleries, museums, casino and theaters. Enjoy a mountain or village view from your private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Odigeo so you can book your Hyatt Palm Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Suites Palm Springs Hotel Palm Springs
- Hyatt Regency Palm Springs
- Palm Springs Hyatt