“For a Hyatt..... really mediocre”
Review of Hyatt Palm Springs

Hyatt Palm Springs
Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Palm Springs
California
“For a Hyatt..... really mediocre”
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I didn't like this hotel, and I wouldn't return. It gets a 3 instead of a 2 because it did have a reasonable pool with a hot tub, and poolside food service. Also, the furniture in the rooms was in good shape and of reasonable quality. The rooms were large, which was a plus. We chose this hotel because of the fact that we could get a full one-bedroom suite for the same price as a hotel room from the regular Hyatt. But, it was not the right choice. I wouldn't stay again.
Negatively:
1. Really, really, really loud - kids couldn't sleep because there was music playing until almost midnight on Thursday and Friday night. Do NOT stay in a room with an outside door.
2. Being partly outside, it looks generally dirty and out-dated.
3. The room itself, although large and well-furnished, was very dark.
4. The room itself was also dirty in all the nooks and cranny's, mirror edges, corners of carpets and behind everything. NOT hotel clean. Just surface clean only.

1 Thank DRLMM
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
It certainly is challenging to keep the noise under control in a downtown environment - especially on Fri & Sat nights. I have reached out several times to our neighbors to help with this issue and still have no luck. Business owners do what's best for them during their peak times and ignore the fact that there is a hotel across the street. On the flip side...we have a great product, spacious rooms, and great service - the location is perfect for Palm Springs if downtown is the place you want to be. There is always room for improvement and I thank you for providing the feedback. Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
columbus
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The rooms were clean. I would ask for a canyon view room. It was beautiful to look at the canyon and the pool. The hotel was quiet - we couldn't hear anyone when we slept. Good location all in all good stay.

Room Tip: canyon view room
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
One of the best features of our hotel is the location and the beautiful views of Palm Springs and the mountain range. I'm glad you were able to enjoy our hotel and the services we provide. We stand ready to assist our guests in any way possible. Thanks for the review and for staying with us. Hope to see you soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Upon arrival the hotel lobby looked quite nice a little 70s retro but i guess that was the look they went for. I am a hyatt gold passport member so my preferences are known, high floor and must be a non connecting room, so I was given a mid floor and connecting hmm. went back down to the front desk to change rooms, i am afraid that i cannot remember the gentlemans name who helped me he was very nice but he did take around 30 minutes to find me a non connecting room which turned out to be a handicapped room which was not suitable as everything ( understandably ) was way too low. He had said if i didnt lke this he could offer me a twin room on the top floor but in the time that it took me to have a quick look at the handicapped room it had been given to some one else !!!! any way i eventually settled on a room which overlooked the pool from the bedroom and the street and the hotel bar on the front. The suite was a decent size but very cleverly photographed on the website but that is where the good points end. the suite was filthy i mean seriously filthy, the bathroom smelt of urine which meant if the door was kept closed for any length of time the odour nearly knocked me over. I asked the young lady on the front desk if she could have house keeping go up and give the suite a thorough clean as is was dirty and smelt, she seemed to find this quite amusing but said house keeping would go and have a look !! nothing ever happened, I decided to just stick with the suite as it was only a few days stay so what the hell. The day before i was due to check out i called down to re confirm my limo to take me on to LA ( having already done this prior to leaving the uk by email and phone but i thought just to be on the safe side ) yes sir all taken care of and the person also read out to me where the confirmation had been sent to.....all good....maybe not... after checking out i asked the front desk to call me when the limo arrived. Ten minutes after the limo should have arrived i called down to see what was happening and was met with who did you book it with, any way to cut a very long story short i was told the car had not been confimed WHAT !! another car was then booked, by this time i was running over 1 hour late but no big deal i guess. I asked to speak with a manager and was told ( the age old line ) that as it was a saturday there was no manager on the premises, after shouting i spoke to the front desk manager who i asked for her to come and chat with me about my issues at the hotel. She was very friendly and polite and agreed with all that i had said including that the room was very dity and that the hotel had completely dropped the ball with the limo, she refunded me two hundred dollars and offered me a complimentary two night stay at the hotel, which i thought was really very good. She offered to send me the voucher through the mail. This arrived and was simply the voucher in an envelope no letter of apology or any kind of recognition at all not great. The limo driver was very nice and friendly however the car was not a limo as i had expected but an ordinary car but at least it got me away from the hotel.
Even though I have received the hotel voucher I really do not think that i would return to this hotel. Be warned !!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank djh2601
Our first priority is to deliver the expectations of the guest. Unfortunatley we failed you in delivering that promise to you. I did some research on this and found out that the limo was not confirmed due to the fact that a credit card was supposed to be used to finish the confirmation. Our front desk agent that helped you with these arrangments over the phone assumed that you were going to call and secure payment. I'm very sorry for any miscommunication on our part for this. I was happy to hear that our Front Desk Manager tried to make it right for you. Thank you for the feedback as it helps me identify areas that need attention.
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Hyatt was very nice with a very friendly staff. We had a nice room overlooking the main street. The breakfast was very good. We are members Auto Association and received free breakfast when we booked. Overall. a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
HyattPSGM, General Manager at Hyatt Palm Springs, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
All the way from Sweden just to stay with us? Fantastic! I'm glad that everything went well and you enjoyed the hotel and Palm Springs. Now....I want to go to Sweden - I was there once in the early 80's and had a blast - some of the friendliest people in the world. When you come back to America..stop by Palm Springs...we'd love to have you stay with us again.
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The staff is what really makes this hotel. The two people that stood out for me were Martinelle at the front desk. This gentleman waited for me after his shift was over to answer what I considered to be a trivial question. Way beyond the call of duty.
Alfredo, a server in the restaurant was warm, gracious and full of good humor. A nice stay in a nice hotel but the people make the difference.
The valets (I sorry I forgot your names!) were also very cool. I picked up some good softball tips for my daughter!

Room Tip: Choose the mountain view for less street noise.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
You can teach employees the technical skills they need to do their job...but you cannot teach them how to be friendly - it just comes naturally and the individuals that you acknowledged are some of the best on the staff. We take our time selecting the right people for the job and it's nice to hear the positive feedback we receive on a daily basis from our guests. Many thanks for staying with us and for posting such a wonderful review! Come back again soon!