All reviews moroccan tea bedouin suite classic movie mediterranean pool moroccan lanterns lavender scented stone shower orange slices record player fire pit photo shoot some tlc four seasons lovely courtyard complimentary breakfast romantic getaway love this place
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed here on business.It was quiet and very relaxing. I thought the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My boyfriend and I were getting out of town for a quiet weekend and were planning to spend our two nights at our usual resort in Palm Desert. After one night of not so quiet we decided to leave town when I remembered Korakia from years past. When we pulled up we were immediately transported to another time and place. The grounds are gorgeous, no kids, and everything was in bloom. We chose our room which was very private, so much in fact that we slept with doors wide open all night and never felt unsafe. We watched an old movie on the yoga platform and walked into town for dinner. We were in heaven!! The next morning we came over to the Moroccan side and had breakfast out on the patio. It was just enough food with really fresh fruit and teas and a cooked plate. The staff is very non intrusive and in fact we never really saw them except by the main office. I love the turn down service as well. Now I'm planning our next stay and will only be coming back to Korakia in the future.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IguanaInnsofOjai
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I can't say enough about Korakia. I am a VERY picky traveler, and considering the price level of this hotel I had high expectations, and it did more than meet all of them. It is a wondrous place to escape, every where you look there are romantic coves to sit with your loved one, or by yourself with a book. The hotel was full when we were there but it felt so spacious didn't feel crowded at all. It is a very quiet atmosphere, no partying, no one talking on cell phones, in fact my friend and I found ourselves whispering while we were by the pool to maintain the peaceful atmosphere. Great service, beautiful landscaping, yummy breakfasts, and just 3 short blocks to town. Love this place.

Room Tip: We were in a lower priced room Byzantium - and it was lovely.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I spent two amazing nights at this beautiful hotel, and i must say i never wanted to leave. It was the most relaxing and romantic two days. The property is gorgeous from the outside waterfall to the poolside fire-pits. We stayed in the Bedouin Suite, which was amazing with a huge stone bath tub with steps leading out to our own private patio. Breakfast was delicious! The Staff was wonderful, my husband and i were lounging outside by the waterfall the last night of our stay and it was a little chilly and one of the girls came out, and asked if we would like a blanket or a cup of coffee...it was so sweet and the perfect touch! My husband and i loved every second of our stay and we would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

I have been staying at the Korakia Pensione since 1996, and it is simply the most unique, poetic and beautiful hotel I've ever encountered. It is almost as though an alternative universe was created by the original owner, Doug --a romantic, dreamy oasis reminiscent of Tangier in the 1930s. Every time I visit the Korakia, I feel I've been transported to an exotic land without the expense and hassle of plane rides or passports.

I have stayed in almost all the rooms and suites at one time or another, and each one of them is memorable in its own way and an essential part of creating the dream that is the Korakia. I adored staying in the Nomad Suite for my birthday, and the incredibly romantic Nash House one memorable Christmas.

The decor is a delight to the senses, full of rustic charm with slate, tile, wood, deep soaking tubs and fireplaces. The beds are large and comfortable, with billowy coverlets, featherbeds and soft pillows. I think the prices are a great value for the caliber of the experience, and also for the typical price of staying in this exclusive and charming neighborhood, the Historic Tennis Club area of Palm Springs. Other hotels in the area are more expensive and deliver much less. I have stayed at the Coyote Inn, Casa Cody, Orbit In, Del Marcos, the Ingleside and the Viceroy, and though I appreciate them, I always prefer to stay at the Korakia when I can.

During a typical day the air is awash with the fragrance of citrus blossoms, and at night the moonlight over the mountain range is stunningly beautiful. I love to catch up on my reading by the pools. I appreciate the many books available in the library and scattered throughout the property. I feel totally safe here, and walking around the whole area for that matter, at any time of night. It is a calm, beautiful oasis that brings back the feeling of what Palm Springs used to be way back when...

I would recommend this hotel to everyone in every season. It is a complete delight.

Room Tip: I have really enjoyed every room I have stayed in, from the small Atlas Room right off the Moroccan pool, to the splendid Nash House on the other side. I don't think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple