2,521 results
All reviews rockwood grill lobby bar sushi bar golf course boat ride exotic birds pink flamingos business conference self parking fisherman's landing palm springs desert springs mini golf pool area beautiful grounds fitness center spring break
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I spent several nights here while my husband attended a convention and I was less than impressed with the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort. I can barely think of anything that was positive about my experience here, and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The problems started from the moment we pulled up to the front door to check in. An overly eager man came running up to tell us to pull "over there" in the parking lot marked Valet Only so we could check in, reminding us to "come back and see" him once we got our room assignment so he could tell us "the best place to park." Fishing for tips, my man, fishing for tips. There's no "best place to park" because the hotel only has ONE parking garage and it's at the end of the property, meaning a nice, long walk if you have your own car.

The property has a weird layout, meaning that if you aren't lucky, you'll have a very long hike to your guest room. We had to park in the garage, take an elevator up to the convention center, walk out of the convention center and past the car rental office, into the main lobby, up another elevator, then all the way back down the hall to our room. Some really unlucky souls had an even longer maze of a walk to their rooms.

The room was very dated but had nice windows and a cute little balcony. The shower was tiny with a standard bathtub. The in-room fridge was nice, but only two complimentary mini bottles of generic water were provided ONCE during our stay. Pretty lame for a desert "resort." The a/c unit in our room did not cool well and it got very uncomfortable in the middle of the night. The beds were far from "spa" like and were rock hard, reminiscent of the style of mattresses you'll find in hotels all over Europe.

Maid service was good when they showed up; usually it wasn't until very late in the day (4:30 pm or later). The parking garage was dark with motion activated lights that weren't nearly bright enough to see anything; I got the creeps when parking myself late at night.

To add insult to injury, the hotel levies a bogus, totally offensive $35 PER NIGHT "resort fee" on top of the high nightly rate. Look at my photo of what this lame fee covers -- stuff the average person would NEVER use, like golf bag storage or Biggest Loser classes. What? Why should I have to pay for stupid things like that?

The grounds are beautiful and there's a free boat ride that you can catch in the lobby. There's a spacious lobby bar with a very good menu of wines and beers by the glass. Golf courses, palm trees, flamingos out front...all a colossal waste of water. Oh, and they have captive parrots in the lobby, and most of the time they'd squawk and scream because they were so bored. It made me so sad.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank moviegal226
esther f, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Guest,
We are truly appreciative of your review and were all disappointed to learn that, your most recent stay was less than absolutely delightful. We are sincerely apology for the challenges you experienced. We have certainly reviewed your comments with our management team. We truly hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future to restore your positive regard and provide you with a more enjoyable experience from start to finish

Reviewed 7 December 2017

at this hotel for a business meeting. A truly beautiful property- well manicured, very nice pool and lake with mountains in the background. Good restaurants on the ground and pleasant staff with very nice lobby bar. Great place for a personal vacation or business meeting.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a prefect review. We truly appreciate all feedback that is provided to us! We look forward to welcoming you again whether for business or pleasure.

Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

I am extremely satisfied with this trip mainly because of all employees and what they each had to offer. A particular one was Kristen From the Front Desk! She is so sweet, attentive, and can multi task with giving outstanding customer service at the same time. Kristen was busy, yet she managed to accommodate all guests and that is what makes guests like myself and my party, coming back to this particular Resort. Kudos to you and your team. This resort and the amenities are amazing and just gorgeous. I’m in the hospitality industry and I just want to say Thank you all for my making my family’s trip a memorable one! I’ll see you all soon!

-Diana Habash, San Diego

Stayed: November 2017
esther f, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with others. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you visit us again! Best regards

Reviewed 30 November 2017

As a Marriott Platinum, I stay in a lot of hotels. Overall, this was a most disappointing experience. Without going into endless detail, apparently Marriott "forgot" I was coming. I was offered a room facing the parking lot (with people outside blasting their stereo) with my bed type or two double beds if I wanted a "quieter room" -- guess I had no choice there. Walked into the room and found the lamps had been unplugged, a dirty balcony (walked out on it and my bare feet were black from the dirt on the floor) and heavily worn furniture.

If I was staying in a "classic" Sheraton or Marriott, I would expect most of this, but not one of Marriott's signature "JW Marriott" properties. Sounds like the moral of the story is that if this is what a Platinum Marriott member gets, I can't imagine what a "regular" customer receives.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TylerTheTraveler84

Dear Guest,
First and foremost, thank you for your loyalty and support to Marriott as a Platinum Elite member. We thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. We apologize that this stay did not meet your expectations. We certainly strive to deliver exceptional service to our guests. Our apologies for any inconvenience and we look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

Like the rest of Palm Springs this Marriott is showing it’s age. They do a good job of keeping the public areas clean and need a lot of the furniture needs replacing. The front desk staff are kind and helpful.

The rooms Lack charm and character. The ceilings are low which were typical 30 years ago.

The outside pool areas are nice and orderly but nothing special.

The daily resort fee and overnight parking fees are, like most hotels, absurd.

Overall very average

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
esther f, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Dear John F,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts following your recent stay at our resort. We appreciate learning about the areas of the resort you enjoyed, as well as your comments for the areas that need improvement. We do have some exciting improvements coming in the very near future that will help enhance the guest experience in both our guest rooms and public spaces. We hope you'll give us another try to see the improvements we've made. Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback.