Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages
Courtyard Palm Desert(Palm Desert)
USD 117
USD 90
The Westin Desert Willow Villas(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 171
USD 147
  • Pool
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 101
Hampton.com
Marriott's Shadow Ridge II- The Enclaves(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 159
USD 106
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas I(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 115
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 135/night.

Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 106
Shadow Mountain Resort and Club(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 115
USD 112
USD 125
USD 113
Homewood
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 205
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 250/night.

Embarc Palm Desert(Palm Desert)(Great Value!)
USD 242
1,194 results
All reviewsshadow ridgegolf coursequiet pooltime shareactivity centerfull kitchennick faldomain poolbedroom villathe grillenclaves poolpalm springssplash padvacation clubchuckwalla poolmovie theatervideo games
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

We visit Shadow Ridge at least twice a year. Once during Thanksgiving week and once in the Spring. When the kids were little we would stay at a different hotel, but this has been our go to place for several years. The staff and management have been nothing but kind, courteous and professional and while I am not overly demanding, customer service is at the top of my list, ergo five stars. I have had rude, loud neighbors at the both the Enclaves and the Villages, but honestly, I’ve had similar experiences at 5 star hotels. Also, security was helpful and very nice. What I love the most about Shadow Ridge are all of the family fun activities available: ping pong, mini golf, shuffle board, basketball, horseshoes, sand volleyball, and paved sidewalks for skateboards, roller skates, scooters, etc. The kids club is stocked with video games, crafts and other daily activities that cost very little depending on what it is. There is family bingo by the pool, and during football season they show the games on the big screen out by the snake bites pool! It’s so fun!! They have all the games on depending which pool/bar you are at. There is a small fitness gym with plenty of updated cardio and weights and free fitness classes that are offered at the Motion Studio throughout the week. They have awesome adult activities too, like beer sampling before Monday Night Football. Some activities are free and others, like tequila tasting have a nominal fee. Of course, some of our best days are spent out by the pool reading a book. Sadly, the adults only pool no longer exists, but I did hear from one of the owners that Shadow Ridge is considering reinstating that pool. It is nice to have quiet reprieve from the yelling, shouting, jumping and splashing that is going on. As I write that I have a huge smile on my face because all of that to me equals family fun!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CBrazda
MarriottVacationClub, other at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Welcome back! We are so happy to hear you continue to enjoy your time spent with us here at Marriott's Shadow Ridge. We look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Reviewed 16 January 2018

This was our 3rd time staying at this location which I guess says something about the place. We did enjoy our stay and the attention and service, when we needed it, was very good. The location is a little out of the way but there isn't any traffic so that was no big deal. The pools NEED to be warmer and that is something I hope the management addresses for guests down the road. We were there during a slightly above average temps for that time of the year (Dec) and the pool by our villa still was not warm enough for an extended time in the water. When kids are saying they want to get out - it's too cold. Several guests could be heard saying that they would love to go in but it was just too cold. If the Marriott in Virginia has a heated outdoor pool for guests in December so can this place. Let's see some steam coming off the water at night. People go to these places that time of year to escape the cold at home and we don't want to just look at the pool. This is an easy fix. The Villa was beautiful as always and the grounds immaculate. Parking always seems to be tight around the villas but Im not sure what they can do about that. We are not all there to golf so pleas mgmt do something to make the pool area completely functional, despite temps, all year round.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Teahan

Welcome back! It is great to hear you enjoyed another stay with us here in Palm Desert. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

We are Marriott vacation club owners since 2002 and with our kids we usually were using Orlando resorts for Disney world and Lawrence welk through intravel exchange for Disney land. We have used Vegas as well. Recently we have noticed kids have grown up for Disney stuff so used Newport beach to get to universal and LA. We were very impressed with it that we brought additional vacation club points to do some more out door activities rather then theme parks all the time. We decided to visit palm springs Shadow ridge Villages as our first adventure.
For 3000 plus points the 2 bed room was old , out dated and small compared to other resorts. The kitchen was tiny though we used it only for occasional breakfast. The layout was weird. I was okay with all those as we were looking for out door activities anyways but every day in the morning when we took showers we could see our bottom of the foot dark and dirty just walking on the floors and carpet for few hours. Any Marriott property is my view is better then exchange properties we have had but for that many points, I would expect more. We were facing the traffic on the road outside the resort and in the evenings we could not relax on the balcony as well.

On bright side the staff were excellent. every one were attentive caring and resort had good activities for the kids. Pools were well maintained though quite busy. Over all good vacation but we don't think we would give up that many points for something old and outdated villa.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Your feedback is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to exceeding expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 7 January 2018

We have traveled here every year for Spring Break for 11 years. We vacationed here before we were owners. Best Deals to rent weeks off owners are at redweek.com. Daily hotel rate via the web can be very expensive.

Walmart, Sams Club, and Costco are 5 minutes away. New Panera and Chipotle opened in 2017 are also 5 minutes away. One full service restaurant on site along with convenience store. There are also pool side food options. 2 bed units easily sleep 8.

We have small kids so we try to get into 2400 or 2500 locations because they don't have to cross a street to kids center or pool.

This is a purpose built timeshare resort, not a hotel. The experience is more like staying in a condo. Our kids look forward to this trip every year. I would select the Villages over the Enclaves for one specific reason. Villages have 3 unit types, Enclaves have at least 5 configurations. So you can book a 2 bed at the Enclaves, and get a small configuration without knowing vs at the Villages, you have a guest suite (big hotel room, kitchenette) 1bd unit ( a one bed condo, full kitchen) 2 bed unit (2 bedroom condo, full kitchen).

Room Tip: Request buildings 2400 or 2500, no streets to cross, no western views. 4 Western Views Buildings 1000, 1100, 1300, 1700,1900.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Patrick S
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Welcome back! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed another stay with us here at Marriott's Shadow Ridge.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

I had planned this getaway for over three months! I was so excited! My husband & I were leaving the chilly snowy weather of eastern Washington State for the sunshine of Palm Springs!

Upon arrival late afternoon - we were given a studio. We had booked a one-bedroom villa! As a school teacher of 3rd graders - I was indulging in what looked like a beautiful room. I would never find out unfortunately.

We immediately went back to the check-in to say a mistake was made. We were told that our payment was made through a third party & there was nothing that could be done. We were also told that one bedroom villas were not available. Hmmmm... I went on Marriott.com AND Booking.com and both sites had one bedroom villas available for our whole stay of 4 nights! This was not good. After we went back to our tiny room - it's actually another room that can connect to a villa- my husband went back to the main bldg to appeal again but to no avail. He talked to both "night desk managers."

The next day - again we were told that nothing could be done UNLESS we paid an additional $500 for the next 3 nights! Really? We had already paid $600 & now to pay $500 more! We offered to pay $300 but just got excuses with a big fat "no." (Our confirmation form just said "1x King" but we were reassured it was a one-bedroom.)

So, what was to be an escape from cold weather & working hard with my 3rd graders turned into a nightmare! I am disappointed in the lack of customer service and in Marriott in which I am a silver elite member.

It's too late for us but please make sure your reservations are correct & double-check them - I wouldn't want anyone to go through the experience we did! Thank you!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. As we are an Ownership resort, the availability you see on Marriott.com is inventory Owners have chosen to rent. This inventory is not ours to give away. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.