1,235 results
All reviews shadow ridge golf course activity center time share quiet pool nick faldo full kitchen bedroom villa main pool the grill enclaves pool palm springs splash pad chuckwalla pool vacation club movie theater top floor
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love Shadow Ridge. Such an easy place to R&R. Facilities are super. Quiet and tranquil environment. Easy access to so many things to do - Joshua Tree National Park, Rim of the World, great eateries etc. Will be back again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Adrian, thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Shadow Ridge.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

This resort has the best staff ever! From the front desk check in to the maintenance men everybody is friendly and helpful. We particularly liked Brittany, the pool waitress. She gave fast, professional service without hovering or intruding. She remembered our names after day one and what we'd ordered. The food at the pool restaurant was fresh and there were healthy options (I had a wonderful salad with greens, strawberries, chicken breast and walnuts) as well as the usual pizza, burgers and fries, chips and guac. We also enjoyed the pitchers of margaritas with top shelf ingredients, but they have a full bar and many choices.
Unfortunately we never got to try the main restaurant, The Grill, as it closed at 8 PM and we'd arrived from our day in the desert famished at 8:05. We were offered the choice of going off site to a Round Robin or going to the Market on site. We opted for the market where we got the last two prepared salads (the only fresh veg item on offer) some peanut butter and crackers along with a bottle of wine the tab was nearly $80.00, so this resort is not for the budget minded.
I also attended complimentary daily workout sessions offered in the Zen Room. The classes were not terribly challenging compared to what I do at home, but they kept me from feeling guilty for missing my workout. If you are so inclined there is a championship golf course and a weight room as well as other classes throughout the day. You can also walk a trail around the lovely, well maintained grounds.
We were pretty happy with our two bedroom condo, one side a studio apartment with private balcony, the other side a one bedroom unit with full kitchen, living and dining area and bedroom with ensuite with a separate large balcony. We were happy until I discovered I was showering with a friend, a tiny roach that by the next day had invited several friends to join him. The management reacted quickly to my call and moved us to another building so they could bring in the exterminator. We actually preferred our new location which had slightly different mid-century mod decor and was a corner unit sans pests.
Over all I would recommend this resort both for a golf getaway and for families traveling with children. There was an activity center, movies and a kid pool with water slide to keep the tikes happy and a separate pool for adults with a couple spas. It's about a 25 minute drive to Palm Springs and other activities. If you want to have a late dinner, hang out at the bar or frolic late at the pool, stay somewhere else. Here they roll up the sidewalk about 9 PM.

Room tip: Golf course view villas are farther from traffic.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Uchi-mama

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were able to make it even more exceptional. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

I am so impressed with this property. My family of 5 (kids: 13, 12, 6) stayed here from Thursday to Sunday. The villas are nice and spacious. We had a beautiful mountain view overlooking the 16th hole. Beds were comfortable, including the sofa bed. Kitchen was the perfect for what we needed. The only downside is the connecting room is inside as opposed to outside like at the villas at Desert Springs.
Amenities: the family loved the pools and the activity center. There seemed to be plenty of events throughout the week, so we always had stuff to do if we chose. Only negative is that some activities were a little pricy. I mean, $5 for two pancakes??
All-in-all, a great stay and we will be back!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

We are so happy to hear your stay with us exceeded expectations! Thank you for taking the time to leave a perfect review.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Unfortunately, what is otherwise a very nice property, the Management at this place has changed the adult pool to a family type pool. Many patrons want a quiet pool setting. There are several great family pool areas on the property so there is no reason to change this pool to a family pool. We have experienced in supervised kids jumping in and out of the jacuzzi, screaming kids in the pool diving next to elderly adults, running around the pool deck, etc. So sad this property no longer caters to their long time Owners.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. It is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We look forward to exceeding expectations on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

We stayed in a one bedroom villa. We came as part of the Marriott Vacation Club first time review of this property. And I have to say this property is absolutely beautiful. The room was very spacious it was like a one bedroom apartment. The beds are very comfortable as well. We really enjoyed our stay here and are still considering the vacation club as we really enjoyed everything about this place.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for a perfect review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Palm Desert.