1,224 results
All reviews shadow ridge golf course quiet pool time share activity center full kitchen nick faldo main pool bedroom villa the grill enclaves pool palm springs splash pad vacation club movie theater chuckwalla pool video games
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Rented a week stay on Redweek. Did a little homework first, and should of listened to what I read about this resort...
In May 2017, this resort had 4 people (2 children) shocked in their pool - due to an electrical shortage. In July 2017, the same resort had 13 people (9 children & 4 adults) admitted to the hospital after having trouble breathing -- a chemical vapor was coming from the pools filtration system...a Hazmat team had to be called in to investigate...

I had the owner of this week put the reservation put into my name. I was emailed the change. Called 1 day before arrival to verify everything was good for our arrival the next day also. The next day, upon arrival at the resort, waited over an hour and 15 minutes to check in - with the front desk saying someone already checked into our room, and they couldn't figure out how or why?
Has any of you ever waited 75 minutes to check in before? - and then tell you they still don't have an answer for you, but they will let you stay the night anyway (1 night only) - until they can call Marriott Owner Services the next day to check on everything. The next day, the manager called me 2 hours later than she had told me she was going to, and then told me that Owner Services was still closed (it was a Sunday), and that I could now pay for another night (in a completely different room) - if I wanted to stay for an answer from Marriott Owner Services the next morning...(I had already paid for a whole week!) ...
I packed up my family, and made another reservation down the street, and left this resort as fast as we could. I HONESTLY do believe this resort could be managed better by trained monkeys... The double management team of Dan and Diane were the worst at their jobs. I run my own business, and would of never treated my customers the way I was treated by them...they were totally lost - and I'm sure they still are - even after talking to Marriott Owner Services. A customer like myself should of NEVER been put "on hold" like they did to me - and to tell me that the only possible answer to any problem was "owner services" & that no one else in the whole Marriott system could make a small decision like this one - was completely ridiculous. I will never visit this resort again, and I don't recommend anyone else either!!! What a nightmare this place was!!!!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Mauiman99999
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed in learning of your experience. Please contact the Customer Care team by calling 800-860-9384, and a Customer Care Manager can assist with your concerns.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Although we live in Orange County California, we really enjoy a week in the dead of winter at Marriott's Shadow Ridge! Like many of the Marriott's offerings "the Ridge" is not a disappointment, immaculately cared for, great amenities, quiet and close proximity to whatever your heart desires! Well equipped kitchen, if you do not want to cook, there are restaurant choices on the premises & in the Coachella Valley. If you are into hiking, golf, tennis, swimming, spa or just people watching this is a great choice!

Room Tip: Be sure you indicate families with children or adult couples to get the "village" you desire.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobshafer1

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Shadow Ridge. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again sometime!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

We have been coming here once or twice a year for the last 15 years. This was one of our favorite vacation spots and this last tripped ruined it.
We came in on a Friday and we're able to check right in at 4:00. After checking in we drove to our room, loaded up the luggage cart and headed to our room on the second floor. My husband and brother went in the elevator first and ended up getting stuck in it for about a minute or two. After that we my mom and I decided to just walk up the stairs. Meanwhile, we get to the room and there was someone else's stuff in the room. So, we tried to use the phone to call the front office and were stuck on hold for 10 minute out in the 112 degree heat. A maintenance worker came by and we explained to him what was going on. He took my mom and brother back to the front desk, while we waited for them to come back, in the heat. Fourth five minutes later they came back and we had to re load our car up with the luggage and head to another building.
This was a damper in our vacation starting, but not that big of a deal. The next day we found out that pool rafts were not allowed in the pool anymore. This was a huge disappointment to us. We looked forward to using our floaters all summer long. Basically all we do is enjoy the pool all day long while we're are there. Again, not that big of a deal, but still a bummer.
It was 4 days into our trip that we had our huge problem. That day along with every day at the pool, adults and kids were throwing footballs in the pool. All footballs are supposed to be soft, but none of them were. Many people have no clue about pool etiquette, nor do they teach their children any manners. I am all for having fun in the pool, but I know that if people are relaxing, then I don't go near them. We had parents with their children jumping in the pool right near us, and one time they actually jumped over us, even though we had already been there for an hour by ourselves, minding our own business. Then came the throwing of the footballs. They would use the whole pool and throw it over people and hitting random people numerous times. This went on every day for the first four days we were there. Again, not a huge problem, but annoying and not relaxing. Oh and there are not adult pools anymore! I know I must sound like a grumpy old lady, but I ensure you that I like to have fun and throw footballs in the pool, but I know not to disrupt other people in the pool.
On that 4th day they were throwing the ball and the first time it hit my mom and none of the people saidsorry or even cared.. then it hit my husband, so he took the football and tossed it out of the pool, because again they didn't say sorry. This is where it got bad. The four boys then decided to intimidate us and act like they were glowing to throw it at us in the pool. We decided to leave the pool because we couldn't take it anymore. My husband and I were already out the gate when we see the boys throw the football at my mom while she was walking out the gate. Then boys then got out of the pool and followed us along the fence line. I decided to go back in and see if I could find security, but ended up running into the boys and they were talking to a family member that worked at the pool. We were finally able to talk to security and they said they would go talk to the boys and see what was going on. We left the pool and then all of a sudden the boys were following us to our rooms. We walked quickly to our room and I called the front desk to talk to their security(loss prevention). No one was there and I left a message for them to call me back.
The next day I expected for them to call me back, but they didn't. That day we didn't go to the pool because we didn't feel safe. We ended up going home the following day(a day early) because of everything that had happened on our vacation.
The only reason why I gave this place two stars instead of one was because we love Palm Desert so much. In fact we are thinking about purchasing a home, because we love the area and can't rely on the safety or security of this place anymore.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank surfinkris
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Shadow Ridge I-The Villages, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Please contact our Customer Care team directly at 8008609384 or customer.care@vacationclub.com so we may assist you. We hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The Shadow Ridge is a nice resort. The resort definitely caters towards families with young children. The Mirage has many activities for kids and a movie theater. It’s not a place strictly for adults. The pools are clean, but crowded with kids and adults throwing balls. They have strict pool rules, no coolers or bottled drinks. The pool service was extremely slow or non-existed on some days, we had to go to the bar and order ourselves. The food is good; we had nachos, chicken fingers, fries, and quesadillas. The drinks are great, especially the pina colada. We had great service at Snake Bites and Chuckwalla Pool Bar & Grills, Guillermo was awesome and provided excellent customer service. The food and drink prices are high, so expect to pay $9 - $15 for one drink. The rooms are nice, staff friendly, and the grounds are maintained. If you enjoy golf, you can play onsite. The fitness center had the latest cardio equipment and weights. Next time, I would only stay a few days just to unwind and enjoy the pools. A week seemed too long, since there is not much to do in Palm Desert. We did enjoy a few good restaurants (Fresh Agave, El Ranchito, Papa Dan's Pizza & Pasta, and Grill a Burger) and visited the Living Desert Zoo & Gardens. You can stock up on food and drinks at Costco or Sam’s Club down the street.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Neo1211

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. It is very important to us and has been shared with our senior resort management. We hope to have the opportunity to exceed expectations on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

The Villas are nice. The pool was very crowded, even during off season in Palm Desert. I am not a "crowd" person so I would probably not go again at this time of year. I am a Gold Member and I asked for late checkout. They gave me until 11:00am. 10:00 AM is checkout, a little too early. My friend asked for late checkout and she was granted until 11:00 am and she is not a member. So if you are a Marriot Rewards member there are no perks here.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank A D

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. As we are a Vacation Club, we are an Ownership resort and we do not operate as a standard Marriott hotel. Our multi-room villas take longer to clean and prepare and sometimes early check in or late check out is not available. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver the 5 star experience on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.