“Yummy way to start the day in Monterey”
Review of First Awakenings

First Awakenings
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The skillets are simply fantastic. Great local restaurant, our traveling companions remembered it from when they were stationed in Monterey over 20 years ago. Great things never change.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wide variety of consistently outstanding fare. Breakfast for two normally came to around $30. Servers andd staff were outstanding. One member of the staff, Angus, gave very useful information about validated parking in the adjacent lot. I appreciate staff members who are genuinely concerned with the welfar of their patrons. They run the place like clockwork.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I don't usually take pictures of my food, but I made an exception this time. It not only was gorgeous, but was the best tasting food ever.
No matter what you have, I'm sure it'll be great.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy going to first Awakenings when we stay in Pacific Grove they are very generous with their serving and great customer service we will keep going back.!! I had the huevos rancheros for the first time and it was absolutely fabulous thanks again..!!

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My teenage daughter is hard to please, but she loved First Awakenings. The potatoes won her over. She also had the Cinnamon Bread French Toast, which she also loved. I tried it as well, and it was very tasty. The first day I had the Triple Bogey, and I substituted with a pancake - which was huge. The pancake was kind of dry and the rest of the meal was good, but it was only bacon and eggs so I'm not sure how you would mess that up. On one of the two days, my husband ordered the Sonoran Frittata, which he devoured. One of the main appeals of this restaurant is the selection of breakfast items is huge, and there are options for almost every type of diet. We had no problem getting seated and served in a short amount of time both days, but we were there during the week. The seating on the patio looked inviting, but we sat inside because it was a little chilly outside. Also, it's very convenient to Cannery Row and the Aquarium, and it's attached to a mini outlet mall.