We stayed in a regular motel room over the office, #122, not in one of the cottages. Although it did not have a kitchen it did have a refrigerator and microwave which were sufficient to help us avoid the expense of eating out for every meal. It was a typical motel room but the unexpected treat was that at the top of the steps, which led only to our room, we had our own private porch with a table and chairs.
There were many great things about the Bide-A-Wee: The location is fantastic, just a block from one of the nicest beach areas around. You can hear the waves from your room - and, in our case, from our lovely private porch nestled in the trees. The property as a whole feels very peaceful and the road it is on is a quiet one. The room was spotlessly clean. They provide a very decent continental breakfast. As we travel with minimal technology it was convenient to use the free computer in the office to check on flight status before leaving.
There were a few negatives. On the first night we were sound asleep when we were awakened by the loud sound of people moving in to the room next to ours (another upstairs room accessed by different stairs.) It sounded so much like someone was actually in our room that I got up and checked to be sure no one had come in. Although after this first night our relative schedules were such that we were not too much disturbed by our neighbors, it was clear that the walls are paper thin. I was also disappointed that our porch was right over the laundry room so that for much of the day the sounds and smells made it less pleasant to sit outside. However, by evening it was usually very peaceful and I still count that porch as one of the major assets of our room. Along with many other reviewers I was distressed about the difference in rates between weekends and weekdays.
I mention the few negatives so people will be aware but overall it was a positive experience. A pleasant place in a fantastic location with clean rooms for less money (even considering the weekend rates) than most places in the area - I'd go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quaint and Quiet Lodging in Pacific Grove, CaliforniaThe Bide-A-Wee Inn and Cottages is a quaint and quiet rustic inn on the tip of the Monterey Peninsula offering pet friendly lodging accommodations. Nestled in a beautifully wooded area on Asilomar Blvd., in Pacific Grove CA, the Bide-A-Wee is just a 3 minute walk from the Pacific Ocean, Point Pinos Lighthouse and the Pacific Grove Golf course. Enjoy miles of beautiful walk and bike paths, or experience the "17 Mile Drive", one of the most famous and magnificent stretches of road in the country, which showcases the spectacular Pacific shoreline and vast ocean view. Just minutes away are the world famous Monterey Bay Aquarium and Cannery Row, as well as the world famous Pebble Beach Golf Links.The Bide-A-Wee Inn & Cottages is just a 10 minute drive away from Carmel and all Monterey tourist attractions, and many of the finest restaurants and shops are just a 5 minute drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Bide-A-Wee-Inn & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bide-a-Wee-Inn & Cottages Hotel Pacific Grove
- Bide-a-Wee-Inn And Cottages