“Was OK”
Review of Magic Hawaiian BBQ

Magic Hawaiian BBQ
Ranked #207 of 369 Restaurants in Ontario
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Pretty good. They have the Hawaiian drinks. They are so good! Love those! The prices aren't too bad. The portions are large. Lots of seating inside.

I ordered the pinapple chicken. They basically give you the katsu chicken, with dipping sauce. They only really have the katsu chicken (breaded) or barbecue chicken (which is not breaded). If you order any of the flavored chickens you just get a side of sauce they don't actually put the sauces on it. Kind of a bummer.

The pineapple chicken was really good, at least the sauce was. My chicken was just a little over cooked and a little too crispy for my taste. It was served with white rice which was good, and macaroni salad which was just a bit on the Bland Side.

My husband got just the plain katsu chicken and shrimp. The shrimps are round, I thought they were onion rings. But there was shrimp in there. Not sure how I feel about that. They were a bit tough.

We didn't love it. We didn't hate it. Not sure we will go back. Plus, (nothing to do with the restaurant) but while we were inside eating, someone stole my gas cap, and syphoned gas out of my car. So watch your stuff in that parking lot!!!!

Reviewed 12 November 2016

A typical Hawaiian fast food. They have the usual selection of your katsus, shrimp and BBQ dishes, and other similar fare you'd expect at any chain Hawaiian place. I consider most of the food to rank between "average" to "good," but I think they do a great job with the shrimp fried rice. Prices are comparable to other Hawaiian fast food. Be warned that during a rush, your food might take up to half an hour. Not sure how they prioritize food, but I've eaten enough times here to know that they might call 10 numbers before and after yours, for no apparent reason. In the end, if you're craving standard Hawaiian food, this place will get it done if you're in the area. But don't bother going out of your way for it.

Reviewed 19 February 2016 via mobile

I recently had the most wonderful delicious tray of shrimp fried rice here!!!!!! My sister told me how good it was, and I sampled her next day left overs. In which it was still very good. Not only is the rice great the shrimps are delicious The eggrolls are really good also. If you get a chance stop in and enjoy this delicious place.

Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

So I can here to buy food for my husband. It was a man that took my order and there was a lady in the back cooking. When ordering I handed the man my cash then he went to the next customer who also paid with cash. After the man walked to the back and noticed he started preparing food by putting some fried rice in a container. I noticed that he started picking some stuff of of the container with his bare un-washed hands, after handing CASH!!! So disgusting. I asked for my money back. He no problemed it. I told him about what he just did and he rushed to get me out he store. I used to eat here a lot with my family. Don't get me wrong the food is so amazing and it's pretty pricy, but that can definitely stop someone from going. Which I definitely did.

Been to Magic Hawaiian BBQ? Share your experiences!