“Wow!”
Review of El Pescador

El Pescador
Ranked #54 of 369 Restaurants in Ontario
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Had the carne ranchers and wife had the taco plate. This was one of the best Mexican eateries we've ever eaten at. Even the salsa was awesome, which I don't throw around lightly. If we ever get back this way this is on the stop list.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Firstly, large parking lot was a help. Easy in and out off Euclid Ave. Visited on a Saturday around 5 PM. Very busy, very popular. Was raining and could have used some extra waiting area seating. We were accommodated surprisingly fast for such a crowd. Seating was comfortable. The menu selections, especially seafood were great. Some less often seen items and all very well done. I will say that the "Shrimp sampler plate" 'Camarones al Pescador' had a nice combination of 3 bacon wrapped shrimp, 3 traditional fried shrimp, and 3 sauteed garlic shrimp, all with rice, beans, tortillas, mixed veggies, and a dollop of potato salad. These were all excellent, but were still pretty much just standard Mexican fare for the price of near $20. The carnitas at our table I would say the same about, but the portions were large. I would be tempted to return and try some other more unusual items on the menu you can see on their website, such as Molcajete or Carne Asada a la Tampiquena. They do look every bit as good in person as in pictures. Service was good. This was a very noisy restaurant with many screens running some soccer event. Noise level was high and we were yelling at our table. Everyone seemed to be having a good time around us, so take that for what it is. Good food, good times.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Visited here based upon reviews, will say the music is loud. Food was very good, for appetizer we ordered the Guacamole and specifically said "this is our appetizer" meaning we'd like to enjoy it before our entree of Enchiladas showed up. Unfortunately didn't happen, no sooner did we start the Guac but our entree arrived. We'll deal with it. I would have given our visited a higher rating until our bill arrived, the price of the Guacamole on our bill was $11.99 not the $9.99 per the menu. I questioned our server and got "I'm not real sure the cost". She came back with a revised bill acting like they were doing me a favor by saying, "the guacamole is really $11.99 but we haven't gotten around to changing our menu, but we'll give it to you for $9.99." So now I'm wondering what other items are priced wrong and is it really my responsibility to catch these.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Wonderful location in old town Ontario. Easy, big parking lot, handicapped parking fairly close to the door. Could easily handle RV's or trailers.
Large bustling restaraunt, full of active servers, each with a smile upon greeting you and taking drink and food orders. It was our first time and we were made to feel as if we were their best customers.

I had the Rosarito Fish Taco. It came with beans, rice, guacamole and tender, flavorful nopales. Better than expected and a great value. I couldn't finish the plate. Around the table we ordered the fried shrimp, salmon salad, 4 seas soup (quatro mares if you are cool enough), Cheese enchiladas and chile rellenos. All were flavorful, good size portions and and a great value. This was my weekly lunch with my brothers, I will definately bring my esposa back real soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Went for Happy Hour no food on the happy hour menu just drinks.. Cadillac Margarita was pretty good. Got the shrimp & steak fajitas seasoned good and a nice portion..service was good.. atmosphere is nice.. nice,clean and good looking restaurant...

Been to El Pescador? Share your experiences!