“Fun”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Rainforest is a fun place. Cute. When we walked up, there was just 1 family ahead, and they went right in. The host then looked down, for about 5 minutes, before even looking up, or acknowledging us. Weird.

We were seated, then our server came, and took our drink orders. Our server was super nice! Terry, I believe. She checked on us often, made sure we had everything. She was on it.

We ordered the amazing appetizer. Comes with a little of everything. The spinach dip was amazing. My favorite thing ever is the chimichanga things. SOOOO good! The chicken was OK. The cheese sticks were a bit dry, and lost most of the cheese along the way.

The drinks were good. A little stong. We got one of the tropical ones, where you keep the cup. I ordered the bbw chicken wrap with cole slaw. It was good. Not amazing. But good. Has lots of flavor. They put the bbq sauce on the side. Cole slaw was bland. Add a lil salt n pepper, and it's fine.

Hubby ordered the shrimp trio. Has a garlic shrimp scampi, bacon wrapped shrimp, and coconut shrimp. He was most excited for the bacon wrapped, and it was his least favorite. He didn't care for them. But he said the coconut and scampi were super good. It came with a tropical rice, he didn't care for. I thought it was good.

So, for 2 drinks, the big appetizer, and 2 meals, it was about 95 bucks. Not bad, not great. You pay more for the ambiance. The animals make noise every 15 minutes, and a lightning show every 30. We know this, because they told everyone they seated. However, they failed to mention it to us. Maybe because we didn't have kids, we were the wierdos. Haha.

It's a bit dark inside, and kind of hard to see the menu. But, we had a good time. Great place to dine once in awhile.

1  Thank Julie H

Reviewed 3 July 2017

We arrived shortly after opening on a Sunday morning, so there was no wait to be seated. Both my grandson and I had been here before so we knew what to expect. The rainforest provides a great and fun atmosphere. I ordered the portobella mushroom vegie sandwich, which was fantastic, My grandson had the mac and cheese, he liked it and ate everything, Our server was friendly and very attentive. Surprising, because I take grandchildren out to eat a lot and don't always get great service, how much tip will they get???? If you give me good service I give a good tip, and she got it. Thank you Rainforest Cafe for a great midway stop to Big Bear, we'll be back.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Love the environment (no pun intended) at the Rainforest Cafes, so I'm willing to pay a premium for the food. However, after ordering a $19 appetizer plate where every single warm item tasted as if it had been purchased at a neighborhood grocery and reheated, I felt ripped off.

There was simply nothing good on the massive platter. I recognized there wasn't much healthy on there, but I didn't expect to feel like I was eating day-old leftovers - which I honestly think is exactly what I had.

The tropical salad with fruits was all quite fresh. The dressing not what I hoped for, but the quality was there for this dish.

2  Thank TheFranci
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Came for lunch on a Saturday expecting to see Fish in the huge Aquarium, NO FISH, just bubbles. We were seated right away, Jameel was our server, very friendly. Ordered the Coconut Shrimp and Caribbean Rice on the side, and a Guacamole Burger with Bacon and fries. Food arrived within 10 minutes. Burger didn't have the bacon, but Jameel brought 2 pieces right away. Shrimp sauce was weird, and Jameel suggested a Coconut Curry sauce, that was fantastic!
If I were to ding them it would be for their Rainforest Cafe experience, No Fish was a turnoff, and the music should have been the Calypso music as in all the other Rainforest Cafe locations. Maybe the manager is tired of hearing Calypso music, but it's not about what the manager likes, it should be the customer and corporate.
Overall this Rainforest Cafe is ok and I kinda recommend, but hopefully they need to bring the fish and Calypso music back, or Landry's should close this location. It's not a good representation of a Rainforest Cafe.

1  Thank Russell R
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Food and service was good, wait time was about 20 minutes. Personally, I don't care for all the noise from the animations and simulated thunderstorms.