“Go Japanese In The Inland Impire!”
Review of Tokyo Wako

Tokyo Wako
Ranked #30 of 323 Restaurants in Ontario
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2017

If you enjoy Japanese food go here! Took my great niece and family for Hibachi style dinner and they loved it! It was her birthday and they dressed her up in Kimono, wig and umbrella for a family picture and framed it as a gift! And, sang Happy Birthday in Japanese! The food was grilled right in front of us to perfection! The chef was full of cute jokes and was so willing to please! He even put a little match in a bowl of fried rice and let her blow it out! I had salmon! Delicious! Some had steak and shrimp and were very happy and full! In the Ontario Mills Mall so plenty of parking. No waiting for a table! You can also eat at the sushi bar or just at a table. Loved it!

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I recently attended a business luncheon here at Tokyo Wako, and I was pleasantly surprised!! This was my first time here, and I have to say that the customer service was BEYOND excellent!!! The staff took care of us very well!! Our chef who cooked our food in front of our table was a seasoned pro, and the food was delicious!! I myself ordered the Salmon & Shrimp entrees, with vegetable tempura, and green tea ice cream for dessert... Everything I ordered tasted so good!! Will come here again with my family!!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

They were very busy so it took a little while to get started with drink orders etc. My girlfriend and I ordered hot tea and it was good but it was not a very generous potful. The soup was very tasty, in fact I suspected that it contained MSG even though the waitress assured us that it didn't. They brought salads without asking us our choice of dressing. I ate around the dressing and a friend of ours sent his back and got a salad with no dressing. I had the Wako Wako Special and she had the filet and scallops. Both were very good but, since the meals are prepared in front of you as you go, the various ingredients are prepared separately so you can't eat them together without the first ones getting cold. My shrimp was the best I have had in a couple of years and the steak was tender and juicy and cooked how I like it. I settled for the steamed rice which was a good consistency for eating with chop sticks but I would recommend the fried rice which my girlfriend ordered and let me sample. They use an awful lot of garlic butter preparing the food.

The decor is nice and there is a koi pond just outside the front door. The pond continues below the floor of the restaurant and is visible through multiple sheets of glass. I also enjoyed the Japanese art on the walls.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This place is very similar to Benihana's. The food was about average but the vegetables with bean sprouts were excellent. My shrimp were good but the steak and chicken were bland. The cocktails were the best thing of the entire meal!

Reviewed 12 April 2016

Great atmosphere and great service. Food was amazing and our server Cynthia was superb. Make sure you do not miss this great eatery and enjoy the show or just dine in the dining room.