Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews tapas lavender room private garden gourmet breakfast unique shops bed and breakfast back porch b bs crackers farmers market wine and cheese hour home away from home within easy walking distance each evening shelf road granola perfect location
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2021

We stumbled upon the Lavender Inn as our choice of hotels (B & Bs) in Ojai, for a three-day gals weekend. Our private cabin, located at the rear of the property, was such a pleasant experience. The cabin was clean, comfortable, and tastefully decorated in a French Provincial style, with touches of lavender sprinkled in. We had fresh flowers in the room, a bottle of wine waiting for us, and a covered pitcher of water waiting at the bedside table. All the fabrics were so soft, from the sheets, to the towels, and even the plush robes.
The location couldn't have been any better. We were able to pop in and out of our room with ease throughout our stay. We were located one block to all the shops, restaurants, and were right next to the Sunday Farmers Market. This allowed us to park on the property and walk to almost everything that we did in Ojai.
I highly recommend the Lavender Inn, and look forward to another stay in the near future.

Room tip: Choosing the cottage was a great choice for us. It was quiet in the back of the property, comfortable, spacious, and was private.
Date of stay: April 2021
Reviewed 30 March 2021

From the moment you arrive through your departure, the Inn keepers both Kathy and Beth along with all the staff are at the ready to provide flawless service and hospitality. The Inn, situated right in the heart of the city calls for browsing the many unique shops and galleries. We were treated to a private olive oil and balsamac vinegar tasting at the Regalo Estate which was out of this world. Truly, one of the top B&B's I have ever stayed at and there have been many. One of my friends even uncovered the mattress in her room to find the maker and plans to replace hers at home! You will sleep well in comfort and serenity. Bravo to the Lavender Inn too for all that they do in making a difference the community of Ojai. PS: don't miss having a massage on the premises..extreme self care is the name of the game during this covid time...

Room tip: My favorite room is the Pink Moment and of course the Provence Cottage is it's own special retreat...
Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 24 March 2021

We have celebrated at the Inn quite a number of times throughout the years and it only continues to get lovelier and better. Beth and all the hosts could not be more outstanding probably because they love working there. Birds chirping and waterfalls enhance the stunning garden and porch and patio sitting areas. A couple of us stayed in the cottage so we could share a private "party space" with music, crackling fire, private patio. and other ladies loved their accommodations as well. The Inn is pretty much in the center of everything "Ojai" has to offer. The attention to detail cannot be overstated.....make time to take it all "Inn" inside and out. You might consider a massage inside or out.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 11 February 2021

I usually stay at the enormous Ojai Valley Resort, but this time around I decided to try this small inn right in the center of town, and I am so glad I did. I splurged and got The Cottage, which is a charming one bedroom cottage with a private garden, living room and small kitchenette. It also has a bathroom with shower and tub. It was appointed beautifully, I felt like I was in Provence. The staff could not have been more helpful and charming. They even brought me flowers in the morning. The only criticism I might have was that the wifi was iffy, but other than that it was a delightful find.

Room tip: Get The Cottage it is well worth the few extra dollars.
Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank DineJB1954
Reviewed 8 January 2021

To anyone looking for a quiet safe retreat during these crazy times, I HIGHLY suggest the oh so charming Lavender Inn. I have been coming for years and had no clue what to expect. I am happy to share that I felt super SAFE and the charm was not lost. The fun part was being to enjoy my means outside in the beautiful garden/back yard surrounded by trees and my beloved Purple Chairs. Not to mention, if you have not visited this charming inn, for those that like a nice long nature walk, simply make a right outside the inn and another right and walk walk walk to beautiful Shelf Road.
Another perk that I appreciated is that after check-out, you can leave your car in the parking lot to enjoy some last minute walking/shopping before you head back to your busy lives. Thanks to Beth and the wonderful staff, I always feel "@HOME. See you very soon. Girl on the GO!

Date of stay: January 2021
Kathy Hartley, Owner at The Lavender Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2021

Hi! We loved having you back and so happy you feel @HOME! As you know our location is so ideal with shops across the street and Shelf Road, one of my fav hikes, around the corner and up the street. While Shelf Road is so close of a walk, it's weird to sit in the backyard and look at that mountain - there is the hike. Restaurants are open outside again but you can still do take out and dine in our gardens and our purple adirondacks. See you soon, I hope!