Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Oceanside
Yokohama
“Stinky”
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We stayed at Extended Stay to be close to my mother as she moved into assisted living nearby. It was booked online. This place literally made us sick. When you walked in the room there was a sickly smell covered with a horrible strawberry smell. The tub streamed with water until my daughter figured out how to muscle it to a drip. There were burn holes in the blankets. The air conditioner had mold and dust in it. We didn`t turn it on. The kitchenette sounds good, but there was not enough to cook with (a fork, two spoons, one knife). There was a dirty pot. In the end the smell made us sick when we slept there. We moved to the Holiday Inn Express nearby. It is like a luxury hotel after that. Free breakfast, internet, clean and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
BreaAdvisor, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this review, 27 January 2011
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America San Diego - Oceanside. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
North Carolina
Reviewed 26 February 2010

This place was just horrible. Just walking in the room you feel dirty. Housekeeping claims to come by once a week but never did. We were supposed to stay for a six week period of time but checked out after 6 days. We ended up renting a vacation condo, right on the ocean for less than the hotel would have cost us.
Don't stay here thinking you will save a couple of bucks. With a little research you will find TONS of weekly and monthly vacation rentals.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
BreaAdvisor, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Diego - Oceanside, responded to this review, 17 May 2010

I do regret that our housekeeping schedule was not made clearer to you when you made your reservation, since that might have prevented your being inconvenienced. As is true with all Extended Stay Hotels(sm), our hotel provides one full housekeeping service after every seven days stayed. In addition, for guests who require more than our standard service, we offer extra daily services for an additional nominal fee. Operating this way allows us to continue offering our suites at outstanding rates, and still provide our guests with the exact number of housekeeping services they prefer.

Travellers are raving about these Oceanside hotels

dfunny
Reviewed 28 October 2009

Where do I start... I came here from a Candlewood because it was a little cheaper and I guess you get what you pay for out here. There was black hair all over, probably from the maids. They are missing some of the dishes that are supposed to be here. the air conditioner is very loud and the air it puts out stinks the room up. The funiture is broken and chipped, and one of the beds is sagging and not really useable. Rooms are overall dirty and stained. Have a golf course side room and you can hardly see out of the nasty windows! The shower leaks out of the faucet and head when you pull the shower knob so there is little water pressure. The toilet runs all the time and you need a pipewrench to shut off the shower so it doesn't leak as well, the only thing green about this hotel would probably be the mold thats in the walls! The TV only has like 12 channels of which two are latino, three are ESPN, and three are national news channels. The washers dont hold any clothes and there are four of them. There are 6 dryers of which only 3 are in service at any time. The other three are out of service and have been for weeks. they are about 1970s models. The best thing about this hotel is the Hooters next door and the food isn't worth a dam there either. Please take the advice of the reviews and AVOID IF POSSIBLE!

• Liked — check out
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank dfunny
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I booked my trip on Priceline - got a room rate of $40 a night by bidding. When I arrived the front desk person was brand new - very nice and friendly.

The stay was fine. I liked having a kitchen, and the location is good. Definately worth $40 a night!

When I got home I found out that they had charged my credit card $204 dollars. They charged me for the room even though Priceline had already charged me for the room!!!!

When I called them I got put into an infinite loop - never reaching either an attendant or a message machine.

Then I had to call my credit card company and dispute the charge. A huge hassle.

So, if you do go with them (which if you bid on priceline you might ge a great deal), be careful about watching your credit card bill!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank OceanSprite
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed 17 May 2007

This place is a dump. Filthy dirty carpeting, walls, doors, bathrooms. Don't believe them when they say newly remodeled rooms.
Staff could care less when we complained.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Kwanyen