“Great, but need to update their website!”

Local Tap House & Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 413 Restaurants in Oceanside
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My wife wanted to have Beef Wellingtons for our anniversary. After searching for the best in the Oceanside area, as we were staying at the beach for our anniversary, we decided to give LTH a try. After waiting and getting seated (it was a Friday) we did not find Beef Wellington on the menu. Upon asking, we are told that they no longer serve it. We were really bummed. We had planned the entire trip around it .
We decided to stay because it was already too late to make other plans. I had the CAB burger which was good and my wife was happy with the beef stroganoff.
The staff were really awesome, especially Sarah, who was waiting our table.
I loved the atmosphere and the beer section, and if we hadn't had our hearts set of Beef Wellington I think the overall experience would have been much better. We'll give them another shot next time we are in the area--but we will not plan for a specific dish!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I've been to the LTH for lunch/brunch about 4 times now, so I can't speak on any experience coming here on a weekday or in the evening for dinner. Mimosas for 2 are only $15 (bottle of champagne + glass of OJ). The craft cocktails are only $10, which--let's face it--is a great price for North County SD. Ask the waiter about their deviled egg daily special. Even if you THINK you don't like deviled eggs, this place will make you a believer. The ambiance, the food, the presentation of the food, and it's kid-friendly atmosphere makes this a great food destination.

I did not give the full 5 stars based on my recent experience here. We didn't see our server until 10 minutes after we got seated. We didn't get to order our food for another 20 minutes. I approached the hostess, politely stating that our server may be too busy with other tables to adequately give us her attention. The hostess didn't know how to resolve the issue, based on how uncomfortable she looked (and lack of apology). Our server eventually returned to our table and asked "Oh, did you want food?" Well, I certainly didn't come all this way for a bottle of champagne for breakfast!

Despite the misfortune of our sub-par service experience, I really do like the LTH and I enjoy all it has to offer. You may come here and get great service, or you may come here and get 'meh' service. The consistency I've noticed? The food will blow your mind :)

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Just returned from dinner and drinks at "Local Tap House & Kitchen" on Coast Hwy in Oceanside. Great food, great drinks. Lots of local beers on tap, their speciality drinks were great.
We started out with the Daily Deviled Eggs, todays flavor had a Mexican flair, very good. We all shared a taste of everyone's main dish, my favorite was the Togarashi Local Halibut with Shrimp & Kimchi Dumplings- absolutely delicious, cooked to perfection.
My favorite drink was the Skinny Girlfriend - I asked them to hold the jalapeños and add simple syrup. Was hard to keep my drink as everyone at the table kept taking big sips.
Great place, give it a try.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This place is on trend with the decor and drinks. The food and wait staff is also fantastic. I would suggest going for a late lunch as LTH is usually quit busy.

Reviewed 12 April 2018

We sat at the bar and they took great care of us. The portions were large, but very tasty. Great casual atmosphere, tons of beers on tap and the Brussels sprouts were amazing!

Been to Local Tap House & Kitchen? Share your experiences!