“Average food & average taste very Americanized”
Review of Pollos Maria

Pollos Maria
Ranked #78 of 436 Restaurants in Oceanside
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

I was exited to try this place based on the reviews I had read, but what a disappointment. I was there for breakfast and ordered the Huevos Rancheros which were average. The two corn tortillas that accompanied the food were quite possible the worst that I have had. I will say that the servers were very good and friendly.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

Incredible food. Amazing prices. Stellar friendly staff. This place is rising to the top of the local food scene!!! Bring your family, a date, or fly solo.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2017

Our first trip to this restaurant. We were greeted by a very helpful and friendly manager. He explained the menu and made suggestions for dishes. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast. The manager and waitress checked to make sure we we happy with the food and service.

Great salsa bar.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Tasty dishes, reasonable prices and a good variety of family favorite dishes. The salsa is really good and my favorite is their fish tacos but of course the chicken is great too!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 17 September 2016

Although the name is Pollos Maria (Maria's Chicken), I call it 'Pescado's Maria" because they have THE best fish tacos I've ever had! You can have them grilled (Mahi Mahi) or deep fried (Pollack). Although I normally opt for the healthier option, here I go for the gold, and get the deep fried version. Hot, crunch, huge piece of fish, with the traditional cabbage and "crema" dressing. There is a salsa bar, that included both "coin cut" and diced jalapeños, chopped cilantro, spicy carrots and several different styles of salsa. The service is "walk up", but they bring your order to you. Servers are all very friendly. If you LOVE fish tacos (or Mexican food in general), live in Oceanside or are passing through, you MUST seek out this Hidden Treasure, tucked into a tiny corner of a strip mall, between Lowe's and Ralph's. You will NOT be disappointed!

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Pollos Maria? Share your experiences!