All reviews sky lounge train noise parking pass ocean view sales pitch north tower san diego oceanside pier free underground parking sales presentation full kitchen bedroom deluxe washer dryer timeshare owners jacuzzi tub trains run pizza place
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

AMAZING STAY!!!! Being right across the street with an AMAZING view and perfect spots to eat n comfy CLEEEEAN rooms...n waking up to the beautiful ocean view n going to sleep with the sounds of waves oooohh did I mention the VIEW lol... definitely going back for longer then three days !!!....train??? Ohhh the one that you hear sometimes but you don't even pay it attention because your focused on the view...if you do complain about the train then your a NEGATIVE NANCY so stay home �

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

We were very pleased! Although we did wish the suite had a bath tub. We definitely enjoyed our stay! The staff were very helpful! Super nice! And the pool and access to ocean were awesome! It was a great start to our marriage

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The Wyndham Oceanside Pier was a top notch facility with great service and accomodations. The restaurants on site were very nice and the area reminded me of a sleepy, relaxing little surf town. The weather is fantastic!!!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed here through my timeshare and loved it. It was a quick get away for me to relax. Walking on the beach, pier walks at night lots of close restaurants.
I stayed in room 505 which is in the North tower. I had been here before and stayed in the south tower where you get sunrise. North tower you get the sunset. It can be noisy during commute time because of the Amtrak trains. Also my room was right above the trash pick up area. The rooms were spotless and the full kitchen organized and stocked with kitchen ware. My friends live in the area and stayed in the second bedroom. We had fun at the 333 restaurant downstairs and relaxing on the balcony watching sunsets.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Sailing_Sweetie
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Units- very nicely decorated, up to date, clean. Our unit balcony light was broken though and when maintenance was coming to "fix it" they went on this long spew how it's not a simple light bulb change and it will be 45 minutes and can't see since night so it'd be better in the day etc like he didn't want to fix it so we just told them to come in the day. Kinda sounded like complaining to do their job then they called back later and said he can fix it which I'm glad he did so we got to enjoy the rest of the evening

Balcony has 2 chairs and a table, it's nice to just sit and hear the ocean and train and passerby's.

Pool is outside with a good view on like a balcony view on floor 2 with a jacuzzi and fitness center. The bathrooms on floor 2 have 1 shower in there. Floor 7 there is a sky room to just view the beach from above for everyone to visit with some couches etc. it's a nice view just not huge. Everyone you go floor 2 and up and any room center you need your room key for access so it's pretty secure on who gets in.

Bathroom Towels- 4 out of 6 of the ready and supposed clean towels had black or grey stains on them which was gross and I wouldn't use them. If you're a nice resort with white towels you'd think they would be using a bleach and good cleaner so I dunno why my towels are stained. Negative one star there with the fix repair guy

Toiletries: they provide individual 1oz shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, and mouth wash all non gmo and paraben free which is kewl

Parking: free and garage parking which is nice

Internet: free for basic internet up to 4 devices, pretty good and you don't have to keep constantly logging in so that's a plus!!

Timeshare presentation: they try to get you to go by selling you on free breakfast which is boxed scrambled eggs and danishes and yogurt which isn't that good or healthy if on a strict diet. They tell you oh you can get a free week stay but the voucher is only able to be used within 30 days of the stay so you can't book anything out further in advance. (Who travels last minute like that let alone get time off work) so unless you really want to get hard sold in buying an expensive timeshare if that's your thing don't go. The Rep sells it as it's in and out. No it was a long line to get in, it was an hour and half there eating and getting sold to and you have to sign a waiver you aren't buying and will loose your time freeze and miss out on a good deal

Warning: train is only like two blocks east of hotel so it gets loud, scared my toddler when we were on the balcony I didn't notice the noise late at night so maybe it doesn't toot it's whistle at certain hours.

Oceanside beach-
The best feature of this resort is how close it is to the beach and you get a peak at the ocean in the rooms. Walk out of Oceanside wyndham, go right and down the stairs straight to the beach!
Nice waves, bathrooms and hard benches, beautiful palm trees along the boardwalk, Ruby's at the end of the long pier, sand is soft and no hard shells on sand by waves.

Trip type: Travelled with family