All reviews the concierge lounge bart station san francisco m club self park jack london square corner room high floor per day bay view farmers market easy access outdoor pool business trip upon check convenient location king bed
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in town for the weeken to help our son with some home improvement projects .. we loved our room on the 11th floor . We enjoyed sunset view of the bay bridge and awesome room service and ammenities. Tons of walk able restaurants and fast Lyft service. We were pleasantly surprised by the clean , top notch hotel and the spacious room ( basic king room) . The price was very competitive and we stayed on Friday & Saturday . We will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

Dear Sharon98671,

Thank you for choosing our hotel! It is always exciting to know that we met all your expectations and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you were able to experience the best of thriving Oakland with our convenient downtown location near various attractions. It was our pleasure serving you at Oakland Marriott City Center, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at this property couple of times. The rooms are refreshing and the property size is big. With room rates skyrocketing in San Francisco, this is a good alternate. The Bart station is right opposite the hotel and connects directly to Embracardero. So, in 15 minutes you can be in Downtown San Francisco. There isn't much to do in Oakland City Center where the hotel is and most restaurants close early. However, the hotel's bar and restaurant are open till mid-night which is a plus. Overall, I'd say it's worth your bucks staying here.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Dear Bikramjit S,

Thank you for returning to Oakland Marriott City Center. We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you could enjoy our convenient, modern hotel that reflects the dynamic surroundings of downtown of Oakland. Thanks again for your kind words, and we look forward to your next trip soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

The customer service at this hotel is atrocious. Staff are rude, do not appear like they like their jobs and on top of that, they give incorrect information.
If my convention was not onsite, I would not have stayed here. The parking garage is extremely confusing and narrow spaces.

The check in line was at least 6 people deep when I arrived. The receptionist was going through the motions. I am a spg gold member and historically at any other Marriott, I would have received club room access and late check out. Denied on both in extremely rude receptionist. Did not explain anything else ie parking or internet. Granted I paid $380 for the room (which I expensed for my work). The rooms were mediocre at best.

The worse thing, I was given incorrect information. I called and asked how the parking worked if I was staying at the hotel. Will my hotel key get me out of the parking lot for in and out privileges. The person on phone told me that I just stick ticket in machine and tell attendant that I was hotel guest.

As I get in my car trying to exit garage, I put my ticket in and there was no parking attendant to be found anywhere! I rang the attendant bell and waited for 10 min and no one came! I was so frustrated, I just paid the $14 to get out!

Upon my return, I ended up doing valet. When I retrieved my car upon checking out, someone else’s luggages were placed in my car. Now I am wondering what else they did wirh my car!!!?!?

Do not stay here! Service was so bad and staff treats you like you are invisible! I would never stay here again. There are many other hotel chains that would take your business!

Marriott, I am really disappointed in how this hotel is run and the service it provides. You charge top dollar for room and give Kmart service! Never again! Beware if you stay here.

3  Thank Mauidream67
TeamMarriott, Director of Room Operations at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Dear Mauidream67,

We appreciate you sharing your concerns. Our top priority is excellent service, and we are truly for falling short with our delivery in so many ways. Thanks for choosing us and we hope this does not prevent you from returning. We would welcome the opportunity to show you this is not typical and provide the service you deserve from us every visit.

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Right on BART for easy access and they do a nice job for a Bay Area Marriott. I have been staying here for years and they continue to improve. One of the best lounges of the places I stay. Service is great and they treat you well.

Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Fritz_the_1st,

We appreciate your loyalty towards Oakland Marriott City Center. We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you continue to enjoy our convenient, modern hotel that reflects the dynamic surroundings of downtown of Oakland. Thanks for your returning to our hotel, and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back here!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as a family of four. Great hotel with wonderful staff. Nice room over looking city. Close to BART just steps away. Car parking in $40 per night self park for unlimited in & out $5 less for no in & out & $45 for valet parking. Steep but cheaper than San Francisco city parking.
Didn't visit pool didn't look that inviting or particularly clean from our view from lift lobby on floor 12.
The area is sketchy not that we felt unsafe just not an area any decent folk would want to walk around with teenage children or alone. Many panhandlers & homeless that pester you. From our vantage point on the 12 floor we could see it all going on, it was like watching zombie's wandering around. Luckily we didn't have to venture too far for the BART and we had a car otherwise would have been stuck.
San Francisco isn't much better for panhandlers, homeless & zombie's. Either it's something in the water in the bay area or something they are all on......
If you stay here and have a car visit Alameda Island it's much safer, nicer, great places to eat, nice vibe just 5 minutes away. This was our sanctuary and we are there each night.
There are nicer places but all of them outside San Francisco & Oakland.
San Jose, Alameda Island, San Rafael, all very nice.
Oakland Marriott you do great job but shame the surrounding area can't be cleaned up & made nicer, safer, more appealing.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank James M
TeamMarriott, Manager at Oakland Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear James M,

Thank you for sharing about your stay at Oakland Marriott City Center. We appreciate the generous remarks and are glad you could enjoy our convenient, modern hotel that reflects the dynamic surroundings of downtown of Oakland. However, we are sorry for any inconvenience you had during your stay. We hope to see you again soon!