1,048 results
All reviews salmon water view front desk mashed potatoes san francisco jack london square steak dinner shuttle service coast guard island free shuttle waterfront view water front free breakfast pool and hot tub oakland airport excellent customer service bay bridge
Reviewed 26 April 2016

Business trip to Oakland landed me at the Executive Inn. This was not my first visit with them. The first week my room was a queen room on the second floor and was clean (though had an old odor) facing the harbor area, this was the second room as the first was noisy. The second week I was upgraded to the third floor with a king bed facing the harbor.

I ate in the bar/restaurant for dinner and had a wonderful steak dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and greens. For the price ($15.00) you cannot beat this meal, however, they need to get the young lady grilling the steaks, serving the steaks and keeping up with the tables a little help. It took over 30 minutes to get my meal, but as I said it is a great deal.

The breakfast buffet is limited but good. The cappuccino machine is a nice addition but it would be better if it worked all the time.

Located right off the freeway makes it a bit unnerving coming in late in the evenings, thankfully I was able to find parking close to the front door.

Room tip: King room facing the harbor and ask for a quite room as the conference area can get a bit noisy
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2016

Dear Stacy,

Thank you for your review. It sounds like you're a fan but with a couple of concerns we should talk about.

Regarding the Queen room, fortunately we don't have any Queen rooms in the hotel so you might have mixed up hotels. And, we recently renovated so you might have sensed the new furniture smell, but I'll check the room personally.

The Steak or Salmon dinner is something we put together for our guests that just don't want to go out or don't want to leave our great water views. It's of the highest quality and a great value. We usually have a bartender and a 'grill master' on the floor so you might have missed one of them. Sometimes we do get a bit busy so we apologize for any delay. We cook each meal as ordered and a steak can take 20 minutes.

You also brought up the freeway in front of the hotel and actually its a great feature of the hotel and serves to protect us from the rest of Oakland. The freeway provides a boarder that most unsavory types don't seem to cross. But like any urban city we all have minor issues occasionally. We do have evening security and their great about keeping our hotel safe.

Again, thank you for the nice review and we'll work harder to get that fifth star. We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

The staff here went out of their way to make me feel home, to include the front desk, the van drivers, and especially Howie, the Bar Manager, Gonzo and Dawn the bartenders. I was here for two weeks on business and they really went out of their way to ensure I felt at home and was comfortable. I had a suite overlooking the bay and it was a great view.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear Alan,

Thank you for the shout out to our team. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you come back real soon.

Tell your friends about your new home....

Reviewed 23 April 2016

Great place to stay! Modern, efficient, with a down home flavor. Ya gotta do the steak or salmon BBQ in the restaurant/bar - home cooking good. :) Very clean, friendly, professional staff with great access to Oakland and Jack London Square.

Room tip: Top floor water view ALL THE WAY BABY! :)
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Executive Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear drew1m

You hit the nail on the head! "Home". That's what we're all about. From our dinners, to the welcome through the door. We want you to feel comfortable enough to Chat a bit.

We hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2016

Very much enjoyed my stay here. Hotel room was very clean and updated. They provided Peerless coffee in the room which was great first thing in the morning. Right on the water. If you don't get a water facing room, it's not the end of the world. The beds are comfortable and the deluxe continental breakfast was good. Convenient to the highway. Five minutes from Jack London Square, Amtrak, downtown Oakland. Staff wasn't overly friendly, my A/C wasn't super cold but I would stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear cally00

Great review and thank you.

If people don't know what Peerless Coffee is, it's a locally roasted and distributed coffee company, owned and operated by the same Oakland family since 1924. Their roasting plant is about 1/2 mile away from the hotel. You want to talk about fresh? We'd have to roast our coffee ourselves to get a better cup!

Coffee is just one of our commitments to providing a superior guest experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

I had a very pleasant stay at this location. I have driven by for the past couple of years and always wanted to stay by the water. the room assigned was great. I had a balcony room which allowed me to enjoy the evening moon glistening over the water and the morning family of ducks taking their family swim or the kayak team out for it morning stroke. Comfortable surrounding, centrally located to everything including downtown Oakland. What I can say is that the complimentary breakfast food needs a little help. Overall you will enjoy the stay. Friendly and professional staff.

Room tip: I like the rooms that overlook the water. Can't go wrong there!
Date of stay: January 2016

Dear Jawwws03

Thank you for the nice review and we're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

I'm here most of the time and would like to hear your thoughts on how we can improve the breakfast.

We're always looking for ways to be better.

Hope to see you again real soon