All reviews the red lion hotel oakland airport shuttle runs park and fly nice place to stay bart station an early flight shuttle service free breakfast carmelo vending convenience bay raiders stadium freeway
Reviewed 2 August 2016

Let me tell save you the experience of staying at the Red Lion. I booked it because I read on Tripadvisor that they had a good, free shuttle from the airport and I was coming in late and did not want to take a taxi. Guess what, ALL of the hotels - Marriott Courtyard, Hilton, etc. (any place that is actually better) - HAVE A FREE SHUTTLE! I called three times, once right off the plane, to get the shuttle to come. I waited, along with one other unfortunate person, for over 40 minutes for a shuttle - all the while watching the shuttles from the better hotels going by - they came twice within that period of time. I could have walked to the Red Lion faster. Upon arrival, I was given a "non-smoking" room in the building in the parking lot that reeked of smoke. I walked back through the parking lot to the front desk and I asked for another room (by this time it was after midnight and I was tired) and was given a much nicer room that was clean and smoke-free in the main hotel. I still had to do some work for the morning and wanted a drink of cold water with ice - went down the hall to the ice machine - it was broken and had a sign saying I could take the elevator to another floor and get some ice. I gave up, did my work, went to bed. In the morning, I saw many people having breakfast - I asked if breakfast was included and the clerk at the desk asked my name and room number and told me no. (I would have paid, but that was not offered as an option.) I guess you get what you pay for. It appears that the majority of people who stay here are using it as a parking lot to house their cars when they go on a trip. Even though, in the end, my room was fine, it is too much work to have to go through to get a "non-smoking" room that smells like smoke and is poorly maintained and then have to stand in the lobby in the middle of the night to get a decent room. It is also not worth it to wait for so long for a shuttle when I could have just stayed at a much nicer hotel. Never again Red Lion.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel, not one in the parking lot buildings.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2016

Your feedback is appreciated and welcome as it presents us the opportunity to improve upon the aspects that matter most to our guests.
We apologize for the unpleasant wait time you experienced and will be looking into any reasons for the tardiness of our driver. We are glad you notified our staff that you were not satisfied with your room upon arrival, giving us the chance to make amends and provide you with a more fitting room.
As our property includes an onsite restaurant, breakfast can be purchased at an additional fee. We apologize that our staff member did not make this clear and we wish you had tried the wonderful breakfast Bistro 150 has to offer.
It would be an honor if you considered staying with us again and giving us the opportunity to provide you with the amenities and accommodations you expected and deserve.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Our family used the stay, park and fly option as we had an early morning departure from Oakland airport. The room was adequate and the shower was nice. However, the 5 am shuttle we were planning on taking to the airport left without us as their policy was to prioritize flight crew over hotel guests, and the shuttle wouldn't have room for us. While we did make our flight, arriving at the airport later than expected made for an anxious morning. It is unlikely that we will stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are very sorry to hear it is unlikely that we will have the privilege of seeing you again. While we do include a shuttle service for travelers, our shuttles have a limited amount of space and we try to accommodate all of our guests. We suggest planning ahead any time you are using a shuttle service to ensure there is availability at your preferred time. We are glad you were still able to make your flight!
We appreciate your comments and we do hope you will reconsider and give us another opportunity at providing you with clean and convenient accommodations!

Reviewed 26 July 2016

I booked one night stay plus parking at Red lion Oakland .During the checking ,i informed the staff that we will not leave a car and, I asked the charges be adjusted. I was told it will be taken care during check out ,which was not ! I was given a number to call a manager later on . The manager agreed to credit over payment to my credit card,that was 5 weeks ago and It never happened!!

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for choosing Red Lion Hotel Oakland International Airport for your recent stay.
Because of our proximity to the airport, we get a lot of travelers that choose to partake in our Park & Fly packages. We are saddened to hear your experience with us has been unpleasant due to a mix up that occurred.
Please contact us again soon by calling us directly at (510) 635-5300 to sort out your issue.
We appreciate your feedback and we hope we can help you get things resolved.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

My husband and I stay here before early morning flights. Our first stay (last year) the room was poorly maintained and very outdated with electrical sockets that weren't screwed into the wall securely and not enough outlets to charge all your devices prior to a long day of travelling.
I am happy to report, this was not the case during our most recent stay. The room looked to be newly remodeled, fresh paint, newer carpet and comfortable pillows. The bed was a little firm for my liking, but for a one night stay it was okay.
They do have a free shuttle to the airport which runs about every 15-20 minutes and a restaurant at the hotel. This is where we will stay everytime before early morning flights.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Oakland Airport Executive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

We are thrilled to hear you decided to stay with us again! Here at Red Lion hotel Oakland International Airport we are working hard to continue improving our guests experience.
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We hope to continue providing you and your husband with an even better stay every time!
Come back soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

We needed a place to stay close to the airport for an early morning flight. That part was good. But we were put off by the fact that they hold $100 on your card for 3-5 days as a deposit, you have to pay for parking, no continental breakfast or even water in the room, and the bed had significant depressions that made for a rough night's sleep. The front desk was understaffed which resulted in long wait time because the lobby was full of guests. Overall, we would not stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We appreciate your insights and suggestions.
We apologize that you were not able to get a comfortable night's rest. We will be looking into our mattresses to find assess which ones may need replacing. During the booking process, our policy indicates that we will put a hold on your card of $100 for incidentals at the time of check-in. We do offer a variety of packages some of which include Bed and Breakfast as well as a Park and Fly package which includes parking fees.
We hope you will consider staying with us again should you need to access the airport.