All reviews buttercup grill amtrak station pool area is san francisco parking garage location is great easy access comfortable room coffee maker jack ferry broadway waterfront starbucks freeway
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Staff were nice, the rooms were clean but did have a stale smell in it, the noise was tolerable and the elevator was extremely slow. Staff were attentive which helped, it was not the worst it was ok for the weekend I would stay again for at least one night if I had too and it was within walking distance of everything we wanted to do.

Date of stay: March 2016
Reviewed 21 March 2016

We were staying at the Inn for 3 days, while visiting Oakland and San Francisco. It looked a bit aged but was clean and staff was friendly. Room was clean. Rested close to the pool for a couple of hours and it was nice and clean there also. If it is available next time I am around, I will check it up.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
MomiGM, Manager at Z Hotel Jack London Square, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Hello VikingofNorway -

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while on your visit to Oakland and San Francisco. Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the hotel amenities. Look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review,
Momi

Reviewed 21 March 2016

Was in a pinch for a room in the area for a conference- all of their rooms were sold out. Chose this hotel based on tripadvisor reviews, I don't know why it was so highly rated. The lobby smelled like what can best be described as "a cat lived there". Customer service was nonexistent. Wifi didn't work most of the time and there was a really strange way to connect. Water took forever to warm up in the sink and smelled like dirt. On the plus side the room was clean and the room appeared to have new furnishings (although very dated in appearance)

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 966dinaw
Reviewed 16 March 2016

Stayed here two nights. Great location, close to the freeway and the water front. Could walk to several really nice seafood restaurant and shops. Ask for the rooms on second floor facing the pool. They have cute Lilttle balcony. We were in a room across the hall and I saw the balconies and my husband call the office and they said we could change for no extra change and a lady run right up with the key.

Room tip: Second floor facing pool.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MomiGM, Manager at Z Hotel Jack London Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Hello Dayna -

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to get you into the balcony room right away. Hope you see you again in a future stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review,
Momi

Reviewed 12 March 2016

My cousin had booked a block of rooms at this hotel for her wedding and we snapped one up. The hotel looked aged, but nothing terrible. The issue I had was mostly with the parking. We checked in at 3 and got a parking pass for their garage. We went back out for the wedding reception and came back with parking full. I knew it was a small garage, but more detailing what to do in that instance would have been nice (you park at an adjacent garage.) So moral is don't expect a parking spot on site.

Date of stay: February 2016