1,033 results
All reviews anne marie san francisco separate tub and shower beautiful hotel water view walking path oakland estuary quinn's lighthouse bay view free parking jack london square shuttle service best westerns highly recommend this hotel hot items nice breakfast room was large
Reviewed 7 September 2017

It's your basic hotel with more square footage in the room. Large bathrooms, 500 sq ft rooms, so nicely sized for 3 ppl + a baby to share a room. I could've sworn I booked a bay-view room, but the front desk showed me the "Relaxing City View" option Orbitz gave me (which translates to a parking lot & the freeway) on a sold-out weekend. The pool advertised is shared between this hotel and the hotel next door and it's quite small. It was so crowded all 3 nights we were there that I never got to take my 10-month-old for a swim. The view to Alameda is beautiful. Rooms are very clean. Staff is nice. Free breakfast & parking, so no complaints here.

Date of stay: September 2017
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Alison,

We are so sorry to hear that you didn't get a chance to get in our pool. I think everyone wanted in the water because it was one of the first times Oakland hit 100 degrees. Wow, was it hot.

We always recommend that guest book direct with hotels. You'll always get a better deal and room and you won't have the restrictions of a third party agent.

Call us next time, we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

We are locals and stayed at the hotel for 3 nights because of extreme temperature (105) and no home air conditioner. The hotel is right on the Oakland estuary and has a lovely walk to the Marina behind it. The area across the freeway, not easily acessible, is a sketchy, but it did not affect the feeling of well being at the hotel. The rooms were large, comfortable and well appointed. The dinner (steak or salmon only) at the sister hotel bar next door was very good and a great value at $16.95 and probably would cost 2x as much elsewhere.

Date of stay: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Harold,

Great review and thank you for #keepingitintheneighborhood

Let's not make it go to 100 degrees again before you come visit us again.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Just stayed one night as I had a business meeting early the next morning. Very clean, great staff, huge room. Had a view of the water and a nice balcony. The staff person at the front desk was wonderful. Felt very safe there as I was traveling by myself. Will definitely stay again!

Trip type: Travelled on business
MHochstatter, General Manager at Best Western Plus Bayside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear becsacto,

Thank you for your great review. YES, We Want More Business people to stay with us. Please share your experience with all your friends.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed at the hotel for two nights, Aug. 25 and 26. Overall, the hotel was great - large clean room, view of the water, etc. What stood out, however, was how helpful, warm and friendly Erin was when she checked us in, late on Saturday evening. She made an effort to find the best room for us and made sure we were happy with it. We felt she gave us her full attention for as long as we needed it. It was our interaction with her that would keep this hotel in my mind for the next time we need to find a place in Oakland.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Needed a place to stay for a day/night near Oakland airport. The location and shuttle service made it easy to hop Bart/Ferry to San Francisco, as well as Jack London Square. Their breakfast buffet was perfect way for our family to start the day, sitting at the outside patio, overlooking the River. The staff was extremely friendly, answered all my questions, and took care of us. Very customer oriented.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western