“Bring a empty stomach”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Mama's it the go to place for breakfast whenever we are in the east bay and we are never disappointed . The service is always just like we were there yesterday. The food is straight ahead fill your stomach and taste buds. I always enjoy whatever the special of the day is. my wife gets the eggs Brady toped with their great hollandaise. Don't forget to enjoy the Mimosa for two, for only $12.50
I am sure you will also make this your new must stop place...

Reviewed 10 June 2018

I remember Mama's back when my Mom worked nearby 40+ years ago. Few changes inside. Those that carved initials in the wooden booths may still find their names. The huevos rancheros was ok as was the veggie quinoa breakfast bowl (special). Wonderful berry yogurt side! Just seemed that the service was a work in progress. This place has my loyalty and we'll do breakfast (breakfast hash test) again when we're passing through. I am glad and thankful the new owners are trying to keep Mama's the landmark it's always been.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I have gone to this place for 20+ years, and today was my last. To begin with, they would not seat me before they saw my wife who was feeding the meter. It took forever to get our order and hostess slammed down our coffee. Very expensive for ok food. Because I was running late for another appointment we paid before finishing our meal. So when we left the waitress came banging on window of our car demanding that we had not paid. Totally bad experience.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

They just reopened and apparently a bit too soon. Party of 2 went on a Wednesday morning just before 9:00 am, and left at 9:50 with no food having been served. Coffee was good (and they comped it), server was apologetic...end of story.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I am a former, long-time Oakland-area resident, now living elsewhere. The Royal Cafe serves the best omelets, benedicts, potatoes, sides, and other breakfast/brunch delights, plus a terrific cup of strong coffee. I've lived in various places in the US, and I have never found a better place for breakfast or brunch. Sunday mornings were a ritual when my kids were very young: we'd wait out there for as long as it took to get a table -- and we NEVER do that anywhere else. It's funky, but it's great! I'd kill for a place that is half as good. In a word: Go!