“A great food tour experience!”

Savor Oakland Food Tours
Ranked #1 of 21 Food & Drink in Oakland
More attraction details
Owner description: Savor Oakland Food Tours, LLC provides walking food and culture tours of The City of Oakland. We are the first Oakland tour business to combine food, culture, and history in one walking tour. We give an amazing snapshot of Oakland food culture and history. Come join us and savor a taste of Oakland soul!
Reviewed 22 May 2016

The Oakland Chinatown tour was just what a returning Oakland native needed....having lived and eaten in Chinatown when I was growing up....our family knew all the good spots...but that was many years ago.. so after moving back to the Bay Area, I needed and wanted to know what was good now....I am so very glad we took this tour...would never have found a great noodle shop, the best Vietnamese food around (try their iced espresso too), a vegetarian place and a wonderful Cambodian place and lots more suggestions based on the kind of restaurants I was looking for. Carlo, the co-owner/guide had pre-set all tastings right down to the best tables in the house. A very well run tour with lots of information about the history of Oakland and Chinatown. We had time to shop in a couple of stores and Carlo helped us pick out various items we had tried at the various stops along the way . This is a great way to figure out what are the best places to eat in Chinatown without trying them all! Highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

We live in Oakland and wanted to expand our knowledge of Chinatown and find new restaurants to try...we did! Carlo loves Oakland and is welcoming and knowledgeable about history and food. We visted and ate delicious vegan chinese, chinese noodles, take out from a dim sum bakery, vietnamese and cambodian food and visted a fortune cookie factory. The 3 hour walking tour went by quickly and at the end, we now have a few favorite restaurants to add to our list. Vistors and locals...try this tour!

Reviewed 20 July 2015

This tour exceeded our expectations. We tried a variety of foods with generous portions while learning about Chinatown's history as well as the stories of the restaurants and background of the cuisines. Carlo is an expert guide and does a great job sharing his knowledge and making it fun. We went to 5 restaurants, a take out dim sum place, Chinese market and fortune cookie factory. Looking forward to going back to all of these places with family and friends and sending out of town guests on this tour. Thanks Carlo!

2  Thank agorda66
Reviewed 26 June 2015

I took the Oakland Chinatown food tour and worried that I wouldn't be full, but ended up stuffed! The portions at the sit down restaurants are very good! I couldn't finish the food at the last two stops. This is a great way to do a little walking and try different kinds of Asian (though mostly Chinese) food. I'm Chinese and from the Bay Area and while not all the cuisine was new to me, the places and actual food we tasted were new. I participated as part of a team-building event, but this would be great for a girls' day out.

Thank Judy T.
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 March 2015

A very well planned tour of amazing food and fascinating history. We learned a lot while exploring the edibles of this beautiful and vibrant city. It was a fun group of people on the tour who all had a great time together. We did the Jack London tour with Katie as our guide. She was awesome, hilarious, and loved to share the wonderful stories and food (and coffee!!) of Oakland. Recommended just as highly for locals as for visitors. We live in town and this made us appreciate it that much more!!

1  Thank Susan_and_Mike74