“Tasty Breakfast on Lake Merritt's East Side”
Review of Lakeshore Cafe

Lakeshore Cafe
Ranked #166 of 1,435 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed 1 November 2016

I recently ate here with an Oakland friend who said it is a go-to breakfast spot. I was overwhelmed by the noise level when we entered but a server pointed us to a table by the back door that accesses the patio dining area. It was quieter so we could visit while dining. I had the mushroom spinach cheese omelet with home fries. I thought it was tasty and a good value. My friend had a pear salad with grilled chicken, was pleased with it, and took half home for dinner. Service was pleasant and prompt. No complaints there at all. On a future visit I'd like to try the griddle fare (pancakes, waffles, French toast).

Reviewed 21 October 2016

Their Breakfast is definitely the best in the neighborhood. It can be really busy & you may have to wait, but worth it. I usually order one of their specials.

Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent Omelets and huge portions. Some neat little shops in the area as well. Service was outstanding and we will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Great location. Love egg benedict ever. Fav. Thing but usually egg is over cooked ...egg perfect....bread too hard...perfect....sauce too much lemon and runny..perfect texture perfect seasoning... thank you...

Reviewed 20 February 2016

Had a delicious hamburger, the food presentation was also good. Staff very helpful, I sat in the back part and the waitress was always checking on me.