“Friendly Front Desk Staff- Yummy Cookies”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Wow, this hotel offers Dinner as part of the room fee. The Front Desk Staff was very Friendly and helpful and the lobby smells like fresh baked cookies. Evelyn Fernandez was professional and customer-focused, helping make my lost reservation situation pleasant. This is a good place to stay. Improvement suggestions include cleaning the parking lot of broken glass and debris, adding security cameras in the parking lots, getting the smoke stench out of the stairways of the south building, and keeping the outdoor pool and hot tub open year-round. Would recommend staying here despite these suggested upgrades.

Room Tip: Upgrade to waterfront side... it's quieter and for some reason they don't have King size bed...
1  Thank Rachel C
jolivares, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Thanks for the great detailed response. Just so you know the pool will be open on the 1st of April. We hope you get a chance to come back and enjoy it. I will make sure to share the rest of the comments with our management team so we can address them.
Thanks again for the review.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront

Reviewed 19 March 2012

I really love candy she did a great job helping me with whatever I needed it

• Stayed: March 2012
jolivares, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2012

Thanks for the review you posted for us. I am glad the Front Desk staff was able to help you with your needs during your stay.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Motel staff was very friendly and helpful. I had a suite that included a mini kitchen and a full sized refrigerator. The room was clean and well furnished. The internet was above average for a motel. Homewood suites provides a hot breakfast and Dinner in the evening. The breakfast buffet was average but good. I would like to see them make a microwave available in the dining area to warm the food. Buffet food seems to get cold really fast. Dinner was good the menu varied each night and included wine and beer if desired. The two things that kept me from giving them an excellent were the gym and the location. The location is on a small marina in back which is nice, but freeway and junk filled overpass in front. I know they don’t have any control over that, but it detracts. For such a nice place the gym was a disappointment. They could use some weights or a Machine in addition to the treadmill and elliptical. I would defiantly stay here again if I return to the area. But I will ask for a marina side room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Marina and is close to the lobby. This is a very long Motel and it is...
1  Thank David G
jolivares, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2012

David I just wanted to say thanks for doing the review on trip advisor for us. Also I wanted to thank you for the honest feedback this is some great information that I can share with our staff to help better serve our guest. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Thank you Darcella Wright for your outstanding service and professionalism. Thank you for working with me on my rates.I had a great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful. It's a great location, close to great entertainment. I loved the cleaniness of the Hotel and I will definately stay again soon. Thanks again for you outstanding service and knowledge. I will certainly refer my business associates to homewood Oakland Waterfront.

Thanks Again

2  Thank Winrowt
jolivares, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Oakland-Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2012

I just wanted to take a quick moment and thank you for posting your review to our account. I am glad to see you had some great things to say about us.
Thanks again,

Reviewed 15 March 2012

Friendly staff, great manager
Good food, Gym, close to Downtown, 10 minutes drive

Room Tip: Rooms facing the bay