All reviews oakland airport front desk black bear diner next morning bart station parking lot rental car check in was quick minute drive san francisco one night stay the free shuttle service first floor an early flight late at night rooms are clean convenient location
Reviewed 28 March 2018

It was our final night in California ... we were flying back to the Northeast the next morning, hence staying in an airport hotel. There was a minor mixup with the hotel shuttle van pickup after we dropped off our rental car. Sharae, the front desk supervisor, personally picked us up and apologized to us. It really wasn't a big deal but she made us feel like we were special Marriott Rewards Customers. She was so nice and even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine. This kind of service is what makes us proud to do business with Marriott, which is our hotel chain of choice. Kudos to Sharae!

The room was spotless and comfortable. It was the perfect end to a wonderful West Coast vacation.

Thanks again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Pulling into a parking lot surrounded by heavy fencing and a gate, didn’t give me a lot of confidence. Staff was really nice which was great. Noisy however - garbage pickup at 5 AM. Train noise all night. Otherwise standard Courtyard by by the airport.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Tahsin B, General Manager at Courtyard Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hello Harris T,
I am sorry to hear that our decorative wooden fence came across as heavy fencing and our standard ticket dispenser and moving arm appeared as a gate. We have that structure and equipment in place so that our guests can have a bit more privacy and there is always a parking spot available for them when they drive in.
Please accept my apologies for the noisy garbage truck, I will see what I can do to have them come in later in the day. It certainly is an annoyance to be woken up by heavy clanking noises early in the morning.
I am delighted that at least our staff made up for the all the inconveniences you experienced and thank you very much for staying with us. Please come back and see us again if you can.
Respectfully Yours

Reviewed 20 March 2018

I got in fairly late for check in, close to 1:45AM. Status was not recognized at check in, although the key cards were the ones used for elite status. Check in was quick though. On a slightly related note, I was staying using a free night certificate - although the hotel is now a category 6 as of this review, so the category 5 free night certificates with the Chase Marriott card can no longer be used here in the future. Kind of a shame since options are very limited now in the Bay Area when it comes to using that certificate, at least in regards to something close to an airport, but I digress. Room was clean and perfectly acceptable for a night in transit. Limited toiletries, although they were Paul Mitchell branded. We had a room right across from the elevator, but the noise wasn’t bad, not enough to bother us from sleeping.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This was a last minute stay with a great rate. I needed a break, it was the weekend. I had a few places to go and I need to get dressed in peace. No distractions. I was treated to a wonderful King room with a sliding glass door, with a short walk out to the pool. (Something to keep in mind for summer) The view even from the first floor was amazing. It was night time and I loved the view. I had an old friend over and we laughed and talked until it was time to leave. We came back in the wee hours and the place was quiet.The bed was super soft, my face just melted into the pillows. I awoke the next morning to an even more astonishing view. I remembered then, I needed to close the blackout curtains. I slept until 12:30 (late check out) I missed breakfast sadly. But I enjoyed my stay. Usually I would have stayed the rest of the day, but my staycation was over. My family was in need of Sunday Dinner. I will definitely be back in the very near future. Great Staycation spot. Newspapers in the lobby and even though I missed breakfast on this stay it was pretty good the last time I stayed.

Room tip: 1st floor King room with sliding glass doors that walk out directly to the pool for a late nite dip.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2018

We stay here when the price is $200 range, before flying out of Oakland, on weekday mornings. The property has a gated entrance, which is a good thing, because the neighborhood definitely feels sketchy. We do not like having to park our vehicle anywhere but right in front. The check-in is always friendly and quick, there is a "bar" and food available, and the rooms are freshly(?) redecorated in cool grays. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. We like this property, we just can't always afford it when the costs shoots up to $250 - not a value, then.

Room tip: We are Gold and usually are happy with our room. Upper floor away from elevator.
Date of stay: February 2018