“Nice hotel for the price and location”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Oakland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We landed at Oakland Airport at 11:00pm, and wanted a hotel close to the airport so we didn't have to drive far so late at night. The hotel was super convenient to the airport, and very easy to find. Check-in was a breeze, staff was very nice. Hotel was modern and clean, and I loved the fact that the rooms have two queen beds - a big plus. Had a complimentary breakfast in the morning. Food was fine. I had the eggs benedict, which actually had a very nice presentation (I asked for the hollandaise sauce on the side, just in case it wasn't good, but it was quite nice). Coffee was served lukewarm, but our waiter was fine about bringing us a new pot. Would definitely stay here again. Even though the hotel was near the airport, it was very quiet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I found this place to be mediocre. Staff was actually pretty good, but that was the best part. The restaurant on premises was dreadful. Food was not very good, and the service in the restaurant was really bad. The waitstaff talked happily amongst themselves and ignored me time and time again. Each time I needed something, like a refill, a check, salt and pepper, etc. I had to flag someone down. I ordered pasta which came without any bread. So I asked if I could have a piece of bread. They brought me an order of garlic bread... and charged me for it.

Room was ok. Bed was fine, although the pillows were small and not very comfortable.

Shuttle to OAK was prompt with a polite driver. If I have another early flight from OAK, I'd either stay elsewhere, or eat before checking in here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LA-Business-Traveler
tbuckl4, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Oakland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Oakland. It is important for us to hear in what way we can improve on our service. I have discussed this with my Team and have addressed these issues.
I would like to offer you a complimentary meal the next time you stay with us as we think we can do better.
Please email or call me at your convenience

Regards
Tom Buckley/GM

Reviewed 22 January 2012

Stayed here evening before an AM flight. Like doing this when it is a longer flight so that I am rested. Hotel is close to the airport. Less than 10 minutes in the AM shuttle the hotel runs to the airport. Hotel has several shuttles running and will pick you up from the airport or the BART Coliseum startion. When we were going to the hotel, they picked up some other guests that were staying at the hotel and commuting, so that is also doable from the hotel, but I personally would not use this hotel for that purpose. I'd rather stay closer to where I was going during the day, but this is not a bad option.

Check-in was OK and as agreed. Hotel is clean and you don't hear the airport noise. Many channels on the TV. There isn't much around the hotel. Theoretically, you could walk to a restaurant, but it would be a long walk. Front desk does offer some local menus to order in food.

Breakfast wasn't so wonderful from my perspective. Bagels and bread offered weren't so good and the coffee was weak. I'm not so picky about breakfast, so this says something. Internet connection in room worked well.

Really, after all of the superlative reviews this place has received, I was somehow expecting to be more "wowed" but did not come away with this feeling. Some of the January reviews, and I'm not thinking of the New Year's one, talk about this too. That said, this was fine and OK and I was rested and relaxed for my AM flight,

I will say that now knowing how well the Bart and Air Bart runs, unless I am staying on the otherside of the Bay, I would just take the BART in the AM next time unless the flight is truly an early AM one.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Pavasarys
Reviewed 18 January 2012

This is a Holiday Inn, so of course it's not a "five star" hotel. BUT! what wonderful service, etc.

We were planning to fly out of the Oakland airport before dawn the next morning, so returned our car to the airport the evening before. Holiday Inn came to the RENTAL CAR center in five minutes flat and brought us straight to the hotel - van driver was pleasant, courteous and helpful. In the morning, we got an "on demand" shuttle a 4:30 a.m., and it was right there on the spot. Again, helpful and courteous.

In addition: the double-bedded rooms have TWO KING SIZE beds! Who ever heard of such a thing?! Very nice indeed.

Lastly, there's a sports bar/restaurant downstairs. Not high end, but no fewer than six beers on tap including microbrews. Food acceptable if not gourmet.

Only down side: thin walls. Neighbor was watching TV and talking in a normal tone of voice, and we could hear him.

For the price, you can't beat the value!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaJCapeCod
Reviewed 17 January 2012

You'd think that it being close to the airport, that this hotel is noisy and not a good location for a hotel. However, it is very quiet, even outside, and its right near the entrance of airport and also close to the freeway. I had a very comfortable stay and the breakfast was better than other hotels.

Room Tip: Choose the King feature room.. Its roomy and has the feel of a suite without the hefty pricetag..