“Super slow but good food”

Oka's Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

It takes forever but the sushi is good when it comes. Cucumber salad has a good flavor. Have been here many times and they seem to have a loyal following.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Today we had lunch at Oka's. My husband LOVES the Let's Do It Roll. Fresh tuna, roe, cooked shrimp, cream cheese, and a few other delicious ingredients. I had the combination of Tempura and Gyoza with rice, devine salad, and the best Miso soup. Friendly, efficient servers serving hot food, and cold beer with a smile. We can always count on this restaurant to serve a good meal. The Teppanyaki is typical and fun. Our guests are always impressed with this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 August 2016

We had low expectations walking in but left very satisfied. The sushi was very good. The other dishes were adequate. The service and decor were average.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

The sushi/sashimi is fresh. The stir fry (yaki) is tasty. Always busy & can use extra help. Good food considering in rural town.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

I used to eat here like every other week but service and cleanliness has declined. Ordered the sesame chicken bowl and a funny taste this last time like old oil. My paper napkin was stuck to the table from something that wasn’t clean off properly. Décor is in dire need of updating. This has been three bad visits in a row so I am unlikely to return anytime soon. It bums me out as it was one of my favorite places to eat.