“Typical Dennys with Slow Service”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #37 of 52 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 1 April 2018

The number of wait staff and kitchen staff was totally inadequate and we all waited long for service and meals. It's a miracle that the staff keeps up their cheerful and helpful demeanor.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Now, I'm the kind of person who will defend Denny's to the death. Many long, late nights spent with friends in high school has left me with a definite affectionate nostalgia for Denny's. So, of course, when our hotel continental breakfast was too packed to get to, we opted for Denny's... and it would have been better to just wait in line for coffee and muffins.

Seating took about 10 minutes, with employees passing back and forth without acknowledging us. Once we were seated, the service was quick and easy, and that was the last point where the visit was good.

First, our waitress was brand-new. This is not a problem! However, having worked various levels of food service, you do NOT put a brand-new waitress on breakfast service in a tourist town outside of one of the world's most popular natural wonders, ESPECIALLY not in the middle of Spring Break. The poor thing had no idea what anything came with, and had to go and refer back to her manager every time. Another poor mark: if you're the manager who put a newbie waitstaff member on the floor during morning rush, you need to be within sight range of that member. 100% faulting the manager on duty at the time, not the waitress' fault at ALL.

Then, the food. Eggs were unseasoned, all breads were straight up greasy. The hash browns managed to be both undercooked and burnt simultaneously. The pancakes were greasy to the point where it made my youngest stop eating after a few bites and complain of an upset stomach. The only thing passable were the breakfast sausages and the drinks.

The final nail in the coffin was attempting to pay and leave. That was a nearly 20 minute wait, for the manager, because the poor waitress had, get this, been thrown out on the floor WITHOUT ANY POINT OF SERVICE TRAINING! She had not been trained at ALL in how to use the register! So we had to wait for the manager to finish doing whatever he was doing (CERTAINLY not helping this poor floundering newbie waitress!) to get served.

I will never, ever eat at this Denny's again. I've eaten at Denny's restaurants across the United States, and have only ever had a problem with this one. This is, officially, the Saddest Denny's. I'll be heading down the road to Katie's Country Kitchen from now on.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

First Denny's I have had a terrible meal at.Salad was wilted and not crisp.Baked Potato Soup was bland and no flavor. Waitress was nice,but took them awhile to take our order and get our drinks.We were there during a slow time of the day,around 3 pm.Husband said his grilled cheese was ok and so was his chicken noodle soup.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

I felt badly for our server who kept having to return to our table to tell us that they were out of something else. I can only guess that this is because we were traveling off-season and perhaps they're not so busy. I had a burger. It was a burger - not bad, cooked to order, but it would have been nice to get my first, second or third choice, which was impossible since they were out of virtually all ingredients.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

We came around 10:00pm because most places were already closed in the area from a long drive from Orange County. No one acknowledges us as we were just standing at the front waiting to be seated. I had to finally say something. Once we ordered, it took a long while to get our order. She even forgot our drink order even after I reminded our server. I finally asked where our food was since we saw other customers seated after us already eating their meal. I was told it was because my daughter’s chicken kabob she ordered was frozen. When our order finally came, my pancakes were fine and the soup was fine but the chicken kabobs were not cooked right. We ended up being there almost 2 hours! Ridiculous! We do not recommend dining here.