“Best Authentic Mexican Food and Service this Side of Mexico!”
Review of Taqueria Plazuelas

Taqueria Plazuelas
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Food and service are so fantastic you won't want to go anywhere else. We visited on a Saturday night, only three tables available, and were served with chips, salsa and menus immediately. The servers are all so knowledgeable about everything on the menu and their drinks (gotta try the Mexican beer from the local brewery!!!). The food comes out on a plate so big you'll think it's a platter, and OH MY...so DELICIOSO! The mole is complex, just hot enough, I just wanted a bowl and a straw. The corn tortillas are made in house and arrive right off the comal. Even their rice (usually just so so bland in most restaurants) ...man, I want that recipe. I'm in Baja and Centro Mexico fairly often, and this place is right on par. You'll leave so glad you went!

1  Thank Glenda G

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We were told that this is the best Mexican restaurant in the area. We finally decided to give it a try. My husband was looking forward to the excellent food we heard they cook.
The server brought a basket of chips and salsa, the salsa was runny and not very flavorful, the second basket of chips was nicer since it was warm. We ordered a carnitas burrito and the birria plate. The burrito was warm. The birria was nicely seasoned, the rice was also nice.
I would have liked to have a tastier salsa and perhaps another salsa besides the tomato one.
All in all, better than other Mexican restaurants, the sauce for the burrito seemed home made.
Service was ok,

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Alway great food. Homemade tortillas! Everything fresh and always handmade. Friendly staff. Always clean.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went for dinner last week and again really enjoyed the meal. The food plated beautifully, this is not your usual Mexican restaurant. I would recommend the Mole sauce a little spicy, which I like, but so good. They also serve wine and beer. Friday and Saturday are usually quite busy so the staff is busy and the room can be noisy, especially with small children running around. Give this place a try and I'm sure you will return.

1  Thank Carl B
Reviewed 23 April 2018

This was a high point on a trip we made to the area last weekend. Our waiter was attentive and really went out of his way to make us feel welcome. Dinner was fantastic -- beautifully presented, well-prepared, and flavorful! If the lamb shank is available again, I would highly recommend it!

1  Thank Erin S

Been to Taqueria Plazuelas? Share your experiences!