We were over from UK touring California and had a delightful three days here. The cabooses are really charming and comfortable and the owners June & Paul are very charming company too. They made an extra effort to work around my food intolerances and the breakfast was always spot on. It was around 100 farenheit during our stay, but thankfully the aircon in our caboose worked really well. The pool is perfect for cooling off on a hot day too. There is a local bar/restaurant (The Boathouse) within a short walk. We enjoyed the lake tour with Faith from Eyes of the Wild. We also hired a boat from Lakeport and motored around the lake which was great fun. This was a really memorable part of our California tour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Featherbed Railroad is a unique bed and breakfast resort on Clear Lake where visitors experience nine vintage railroad cabooses, each decorated with an individual theme. Most of the cabooses feature in-room Jacuzzi tubs and all have an incredible view of Clear Lake. With a huge variety of nearby recreation including almost 30 wineries, this unique and romantic getaway is the perfect place to celebrate being in love or just enjoying the tranquility of the peaceful surroundings. Enjoy the private dock, sit on the porch of the 100-year-old Main Station or languish in the pool. Full breakfast daily crafted from locally-sourced and home-made ingredients. Open year 'round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Featherbed Railroad Bed And Breakfast Resort
- Featherbed Railroad Hotel Nice
- Featherbed Railroad Bed & Breakfast Resort Lake County/Nice, CA