“Brunch. ”

Ranked #111 of 492 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Price range: USD 18 - USD 23
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Woody's Wharf has a unique waterfront location on Newport Bay that serves seafood & drinks. Guests can dock their boats and have a dockside or waterfront meal.
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

This is my second time coming here. The creme brûlée French toast is so good! And the bottomless mimosas are such a great deal. The staff was much friendlier this time, my previous visit was August 2014 and our waitress was not nice. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It's always really cool to watch everything going on at the harbor.

Date of visit: January 2016
Write a reviewReviews (215)

Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

I ordered some tacos and they were barely edible. My fish tasted like pure rubber and I specifically asked for no salsa as I have a severe allergy and what do I find on my tacos? Salsa. I told the waitress and she responds "well, like what would you like me to do". Really? I just had my dinner ruined and I don't need a tongue in cheek response from a waitress who clearly has no customer service orientation. Do yourself a favor and skip.

Reviewed 7 January 2016

WE have eaten here about 4 times in the past - mind you - we live in ATL and only visit once a year...It is worth coming back. We did buy a Groupon in advance. I had the mussels in wine butter broth and while the local mussels are small, you do get a lot of them. The cheese bread was good and lightly toasted.
My daughter and husband got the fish and chips - lots of fish -more than either one could finish..They said the fried were also good - tasted fresh. The bread served before hand was very soft and fresh.
We love sitting by the window and watching the boat traffic in the bay. You just never k now what you will see.
The service is always good and unobtrusive. Drink glasses are always filled up.
We should have sat by the fire the day we were there as it was a chilly day and the fireplace looked really warm. Sitting by the window was cool.
We will come back again when out there - that is for sure

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 5 January 2016

Walked in and Austin seated us next to a window to view the ocean while we had our brunch. Jeffrey provided excellent service at our table..Great place to go for excellent food and casual atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Woody's is lively and fun, with lots of local flavor. It is on the water, but it is also noisy, run down, and the food is only OK. The service was fine. We are not likely to return.

Date of visit: December 2015