All reviewssan diegocomfort innfront deskfree parkingchula vistahot breakfastfree breakfastwould stay here againyogurtfitness roomfreewayhiewalmartblvdzooseaworldmicrowave
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Great customer service makes all the difference!
I flew into San Diego for an early morning business meeting the next day. I was just about to enter my meeting when I realized my wedding ring was not on my finger!

What to do- head back to the hotel and miss my meeting or attend the meeting and maybe find my ring somewhere at the hotel later that day. I had already checked out.

I called Holiday Inn Express San Diego South and talked to Laura on the phone. I told her about my dilemma. She took my name and phone number and told me she would check the room I was in and call me right back. She called me 5 minutes later saying she found my ring and would hold it for me until I picked it up. Wow, that was a close call!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
SDBolts619, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2015

Dear Juan H,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, but even more happy to be able to get your wedding ring back to you. I can definitely empathize with that feeling. Few things feel more like a stone in your gut than realizing your wedding ring is missing! I'm glad to know that we were able to quickly reunite you with yours.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're coming to San Diego!

Reviewed 12 March 2015

We lived in the area years ago, and I'd heard things had changed. We had a lovely stay at this hotel. As close to the freeway as it is, you might expect outside noise. But we had restful nights the weekend we were there. Parking looked like it could be hard to find- we were able to get a spot in front every time. Staff was helpful and pleasant. I appreciated having tea, coffee and fruit available 24/7. I was fighting a cold and it really helped to grab a cup of tea and an orange on the way to our room.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
SDBolts619, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2015

Dear Cmpmekrmom,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that it was quiet and restful for you. We are blessed to have an outstanding team here and are always happy to hear from our guests who enjoyed both the service and amenities the hotel has to offer. I'm just sorry to hear that you had to deal with a cold while visiting San Diego. I hope that the fruit and tea helped chase it away quickly!

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to visit San Diego!

Reviewed 10 March 2015

We went here for a family trip to SeaWorld & the Zoo. It was an easy drive to and from each place. The hotel is about a half mile (if that) away from I-5 and easy access to stores nearby. It wasn't noisy, which is surprising for being on a main road. The check-in with (Sara) and check-out was done quickly with a smile! The hotel is CLEAN! The breakfast lady (Angelica) she kept everything well stocked and cleaned each table as soon as it was vacated. I recommend this area if you're not staying downtown. Free parking, wi-fi, and breakfast. The pool is outside and a well sized area for kids.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing away from the street.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank hmariecj

Dear Hmariecj,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We're very glad to hear that you found the hotel exceptionally clean, in a convenient location with easy access to San Diego's many attractions and found the service friendly and professional. I was happy to share your review with both Sarah and Angie, who both had a smile when they read your feedback.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in San Diego!

Reviewed 1 March 2015

I booked the hotel through Expedia and the price was lowest among its kind. I was kind of worried about the quality. However, the hotel surprised me a lot in a positive way. I have never written a review on TripAdvisor but this time I cannot wait to recommend it. The staff were nice and professional. The room was neat and cozy. The place was quiet and convenient. Free wifi, free parking and free breakfast. Definitely a best-value hotel!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zixin1994
SDBolts619, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2015

Dear Zixin1994,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us. The entire team is very pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the clean and cozy room, the friendly and professional staff and all the free amenities that we're able to offer. What's more, I'm completely thrilled that we enticed you to jump on TripAdvisor and become a reviewer! So many people read the reviews of the hotels that they're considering staying at and being able to read about how you were inspired to write your first review may well convince others to make the short trip from downtown San Diego to stay with us in National City.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next San Diego trip!

Reviewed 28 January 2015

We had a soccer tournament this past weekend and had a group of about 10 kids and 4 adults. The sorrounding area of the hotel seems a little on the ghetto side but once you go up the drive way you feel safe. Our check in was nice and easy and quick. The rooms are very clean and up to date with very good colors in my opinion. They have free wifi which make it great and they dont have limits on the devices you can connect to wifi, everything seem to be working for us TV AC restroomno problems. The breakfast was ok they had pancakes, sausage bisckets they are really good, cinnamon rolls juices bagel,they lady that was in charge of the breakfast area always seems to be mad at something.

We have another tournament coming up in the same are so we are considering the hotel one more time However I don't feel 130$ is worth the price. If I can get the same hotel for like $90-$100 including taxes it would be worth nothing more.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
SDBolts619, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Diego South-National City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2015

Dear Latinos28,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, amenities, breakfast and service from our team. I will be sure to follow up with our breakfast team about replacing frowns with smiles!

In regards to your comment about future tournaments and rates, please understand that San Diego is a seasonal market and that all hotels will charge more during peak dates. However, if you are looking to book a group of 10 or more rooms, which is fairly common for sports teams with all the families traveling, please contact us directly and we can provide you a quote for a discounted group rate.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you again for the next tournament!