“Great alternative to big national chains”
Review of Chablis Inn

Chablis Inn
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Napa
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I particularly like to seek out the smaller independent hotels instead of the big greedy national chains especially Ramada, and have stayed at the Chablis several times when visiting Napa. The location is convenient to downtown as well as the surrounding wineries, the rooms are quiet, clean and decently appointed and a great overall value.
The staff is helpful and the bed was wonderful. Frankly, the Chablis is my choice for quick Napa weekends every time!

Room Tip: Enjoy the Napa restaurants since there isn't one on property and remember that Starbucks is acro...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Perfect little place to spend your time in Napa Valley. The rooms are clean and affordable. The hotel is in a perfect location to visit Napa old town and to make trips up into the valley. But the best feature of this hotel is the clerk behind the desk. Not only friendly and curtious, but goes beyond the call of duty to make sure you know the best places to see, where to eat and what is the best deals in the area. Big bang for the buck here.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Chablis Inn in Napa when we went to see a concert at the Mondavi Winery. When we arrived after the concert, the parking lot was full and I was sure that this would mean the room would be noisy. Wrong. I never heard a thing. The room was quiet and comfortable and really clean! The bed was big and cozy and the linen was fresh and had the nicest scent. In the morning, I made coffee that was in the room, took a hot bath in the jet tub while my boyfriend stayed in bed and watched a movie. We stayed until check out time. The freeway is so close, we hopped right on and got on our way home. It was really a nice place and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
donna_schwerin, General Manager at Chablis Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2011

Thank you. The Staff and I always strive to make your stay here comfortable and restful. I'm glad that you enjoyed our natural amenities. Hope to see you again. Donna

Reviewed 13 September 2011

This is a motel. We stayed in a second-floor room (queen/full bed) for four nights. The room was large, with a kitchen-like sink and small refrigerator across from the bathroom. Everything was clean and well kept. There is complimentary coffee and a coffee-maker. Staff is friendly and helpful. Very close to a shopping center with Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and Target, which we found convenient. Also, the motel is a short drive from downtown Napa and right off the turn-off for Rte 29, the main route for the wineries. Would stay there again if we return to Napa.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you have trouble negotiating stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was traveling solo as I often do, and this was a stopover to visit family, not on a wine tour. I arrived after dark, and found the location fairly creepy; the parking lot was dark. The reception person was very nice, but the room was, well, just not very clean. I was very happy that it was only one night, and I was on my way at first light in the morning. I should have known the price for Napa was just too good to be true, but I was going on glowing recommendations from this site.

Oops. Next time I guess I'd better choose a bit more carefully.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo