“Stylish Napa Restaurant”
Review of TORC

TORC
Reserve with OpenTable
TORC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 317 Restaurants in Napa
Price range: USD 25 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This stylish restaurant had the choice of a three course tasting menu with a wine pairing option or ala carte. It was difficult to choose because everything on the menu sounds fabulous and the food did not disappoint. I had squash blossoms to start and a squash ravioli in brown butter with figs. My friends did the tasting menu and were equally pleased. Everything was delicious. The service was friendly and professional. The wine was delicious and our server was knowledgeable about the wine.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

We were here on a Saturday and the place was busy, it was fun. Service was really good. Very knowledgable about the dishes and the wine. We ordered the squash blossoms and the hamachi crudo for starters. The squash blossoms were excellent! The batter was light and airy and so flavorful. The hamachi was ok, probably wouldn’t order again. For the entrees we ordered the tagliatelle with 3 grams of shaved white truffle. The truffles arrived on Tuesday and we had on Saturday, not optimal. They weren’t as pungent as I was expecting unfortunately. Also, the pasta was made 50% with egg and 50% with water. Traditional pasta from Piedmont is made with 100% egg. I didn’t yhink I would notice the difference but I did. Pasta was also a bit over cooked, not al dente. I think if we ordered something else we would have really liked it.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

The place was packed and hectic. Looking beyond that, the food, wine and service was exceptional. A fun place to dine. It is just a few doors from Cole’s Chop House and the interior was similar in design. Two gems in one block. Wow, downtown NAPA is the place to eat in the Valley.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

During our stay in Napa, we had dinner at this lovely restaurant. Service was welcoming and steady throughout. They really had the balance between being on top of things and yet not being annoying or in our face. The food was delicious. We shared an appetizer and shared a pasta dish then had entrees. Similarly, the couple next to us ordered a pasta dish to share as well. Two notes, the two tops are too close together (I recognize the space is not large but being so close to hear every word and being able to reach over for a bite of your neighbor's food is too close) and if folks are sharing a pasta, break it down into two dishes rather than the one in the middle of the table. Most restaurants will do this without blinking an eye. Small note, but it will make a difference.

Reviewed 1 September 2018

My wife and I enjoyed our dinner here. As an appetizer I had a small dish of sweet potato pakora and they were delicious. My wife had Hamachi crudo as her appetizer it was also quite good. We both had pasta for our main course. My wife had the potato gnocchi and they were outstanding and very tender with an excellent sauce quite heavy in shaved black truffles. I had the pasta with the pork Ragu and it too was excellent. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the flavors all melded nicely. We look forward to eating here again next time we are in Napa.