We have been coming to the 1801 Inn on First a few times since first coming to Napa 16 years ago. While the ownership may have changed since then, this is still a wonderful get away from large resorts or expensive boutique places available around.
We arrived late on a Thursday for a long weekend. A note was left with clear instructions on how to get our key and how to get to our room. Since we arrived so late Carrie and staff left snacks in our room and refrigerator and a decent bottle of wine. So, ya. First impressions on arrival are right on spot.
Every morning breakfast is made and dietary restrictions are accommodated. Some evenings there is a change to meet other guests over a tasting of wine in the back garden. We were only able to attend one but met the vintner and had a few of his fantastic wines.
The place is relatively quiet with 5 or 6 rooms and some rooms exterior to the main house. The walls are a bit thin but that's just something to keep in mind to your own noise levels. You will meet everyone at some point staying behind those walls. :)
The owners and staff were wonderful, the room was serviced as needed, found some new wineries as suggested as well. We had a couple's massage in the room which was a nice way to start the day. The day we were leaving was very early as well to make it back to SFO, and a sack breakfast was provided when we were leaving. Again, the extra mile which makes this place great.
While we go back every 16 months or so to the area and don't spend every visit here, it is always a fantastic experience and I'm always ready to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family operated Inn that has changed the mindset of the traditional bed and breakfast. 1801 First has been branded as a landmark property according to The Napa Landmarks Association and continues to be the curb appeal Inn for all tourists and locals alike! We have owned this beauty for 3 1/2 years and have loved being apart of its rich history. A true luxury Inn with graceful rounded bay windows, courtyard gardens and romantic fireplaced lodgings adorn this historic and newly revitalized Queen Anne Victorian. Designed in 1903 by prominent Napa architect William Corlett, 1801 First has been meticulously transformed into an inviting chic retreat, blending its stunning classic architecture with sophisticated styling and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your 1801 First Luxury Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1801 1st Luxury Inn
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel Napa
- 1801 First Luxury Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA