1801 First Luxury Inn
River Terrace Inn, A Noble House Hotel(Napa)(Great Value!)
USD 295*
Hilton Garden Inn Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
USD 200*
USD 330*
USD 296*
Hyatt.com
USD 443*
The Westin Verasa Napa(Napa)(Great Value!)
USD 399*
USD 350*
  • Restaurant
Wine Valley Lodge(Napa)(Great Value!)
USD 137*
USD 133*
Silverado Resort and Spa(Napa)(Great Value!)
USD 275*
USD 223*
Hotels.com
USD 355*
Hotels.com
USD 205*
TripAdvisor
1,004 results
All reviewswine hourother guestscarriage housecasa dolcedowntown napacookiestruffleowners and staffthe main housewine tastingevery morningcharcuteriebed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciousour honeymooneach eveninghappy hour
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This is a great B&B in a great location. The staff were very pleasant and extremely helpful with all our many requests. The food was delicious, varied, and plentiful.

We used all three of the upstairs rooms and each is beautifully decorated and spacious. We all agreed the beds are some of the best we have ever slept on.

The only small concern we had was parking. We have a large car and it was difficult to park. There is on street parking, which we would have gladly used, but was occupied while we were visiting. But we worked it out and is certainly not a detractor for this wonderful place.

We all highly recommend you try 1801 First -- it will be one of your favorite memories!!!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Beautiful inn, welcoming staff, great location, big rooms clean, comfortable. Perfect!

Room Tip: 1st floor suites are really nice garden has a queen bed but nice. climate in there is not consistent.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Went to 1801 First to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and we could not have been more pleased. We stayed in the Carriage House, which is a detached building just behind the main house. The CH was very comfortable and spacious. 1801 First is in a great location -- a short walk to downtown Napa, and provided an excellent way to walk off our dinners. The breakfasts at 1801 were all outstanding, and the staff -- Felice, Kali, Audrey and Tony -- were extremely willing and helpful to make our visit to Napa extraordinary. They arranged wine tastings, dinner reservations, even helped us ship some wine back home. We had a great trip, and 1801 First was an integral part of it. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2011

We traveled to Napa in September with another couple and stayed at 1801 First for four nights. It is a large, lovely old two-story house that has been beautifully maintained (or, perhaps restored--we didn't inquire.) Both couples took king bedded rooms. Ours was upstairs and a bit more expensive than theirs downstairs, but both rooms were large, charmingly decorated and had good beds and good sized, modern well appointed bathrooms with lots of outlets. I think there were about half a dozen rooms in the house. There were several additional rooms in one-story out buildings in the back of the house. They seemed equally nice but they only featured queen sized beds and we wanted kings so we stayed in the house.

The atmosphere here is very warm and welcoming. Breakfast is included with the room and is served in a pretty dining room. In order for the staff to serve breakfast in an efficient and timely fashion, they request that you let them know the night before what time you plan to eat and what you will be ordering from the menu. They were extremely accommodating about allergies and food preferences and gladly added or left things out on request. They asked if I wanted skim or regular milk with my cereal and when I said a prefererred soy milk, they offered to run out and pick some up for me. I declined but felt it was a very nice gesture. There's also pot of coffee available if you get up early and want to take a cup into the parlor or to your room.

There is only a small staff who share the tasks of answering the phone, manning the desk, providing concierge services and serving breakfast but they were all extremlely pleasant, helpful and efficient and they worked really hard to make us feel welcome and to make our visit to Napa enjoyable. They were very knowledgeable about things to do and places to go and were happy to make restaurant reservations for us. Every day around 5:00 or 6:00 they set up wine and cheese or other nibblies in the backyard area and guests could get together and socialize before going off to dinner. After we had checked out (and were already in Muir Woods) I realized I didn't have my diamond ring. As soon as I got somewhere with cell phone service, I went to call 1801 First and found there was already a message on my phone from Felice saying they had found my ring and were holding it for me. She held it for me until I got home and then Fedexed it to me so. I just loved this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Grey_Haired_Lady
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I had a one night stay at 1801 First right before Thanksgiving. We'd purchased the stay through Jetsetter, and got a really good deal on our room. We originally booked one of the stand-alone rooms/cottages, and we were subsequently offered an upgrade to a suite in the main house, which we accepted. When we arrived in the afternoon, we were very impressed with the building - gorgeous Victorian in a nice neighborhood, but on a somewhat busy street. The entry and main floor public rooms were so lovely! The woman who checked us in was very nice, efficient, and offered us champagne before showing us to our room. The room, Amica Dolcetto, was cozy, immaculate and completely consistent with the photos we'd seen online. Big comfy bed, giant tub for two, nice amenities- it was definitely luxurious! Two things that surprised us, one major, one minor: first, the toilet in the bathroom was just out in the open, and not in a separate "water closet" and there's no door between the room and the bathroom - definitely not romantic! Second, and more minor, while the room has great skylights, my husband was a disappointed that there weren't any windows that you could actually look out of.

We had a great night's sleep, the busy street was not a bother at all. Breaksfast, which you schedule the evening before, was very nice- yummy little bakeds goods, coffee, juice, and our server was warm and friendly.

All in all, it was a very nice place to stay before the craziness of the long holiday weekend!

Room Tip: Make sure to inquire about the toilet situation in the room you're booking! :-)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple