This is a great inn in Napa that has a lot of charm. The owners/innkeepers and staff are very friendly and helpful. The hot breakfasts were wonderful and likely the best of any place I've stayed (served at 8:30, 9 or 9:30 am depending upon your selection, or a to-go continental option if you have to leave earlier). The breakfast would start with a baked goods basket, followed by fresh fruit, followed by a hot entree such as scrambled eggs with poached salmon, blueberry french toast, or buttermilk pancakes and bacon. They had good wine for the wine and cheese hour, and on Friday a boutique winery came with their wines for the wine hour. Their cookies were yummy and available 24 hours along with a hot tea selection or coffee. The inn has beautiful hardwood floors, and a nice seating area/living room with a fireplace. The room was well appointed, with quality linens. The king bed was more to the soft side. The bathroom amenities were fine and it was clean and well maintained. There was a gas fireplace in the room which must have done some previous smoke damage to the mantle, which needed repainting, but the smoke residue was cleaned to the point it didn't come off on one's hands. Our room was Suite 1, which faced the pretty busy intersection of First and Jefferson. This intersection is photo-light enforced which gives one an indication of the amount of traffic it receives. There is also a fire station and police station a block over, so expect to hear fire engine sirens. Both my husband and I (a heavy and light sleeper respectively) had trouble getting a restful night's sleep. The car traffic noise does die down after 10pm (11pm on Friday) and doesn't pick up until around 6am, but expect to hear quite a bit of it otherwise, and the fire truck woke us up quite early too. We were on the bottom floor, so the footsteps of occupants above us were easily heard because of the hardwood floors/age of the house. This wasn't a big deal except for the first night when the occupants above us were moving around quite early before dawn (hot air balloon flights in Napa are in the morning with people having to meet up around 4:30am). The location of the inn makes it an easy walk to restaurants and shopping and it's a quick drive to the main highway. The room had a large flat screen TV as well as a DVD player (the tray to load the DVD was stuck and required jimmying each time). The inn does have wireless internet. I used an iTouch to get the internet, but the connection was weak to nonexistent in our suite (I assume because of the wall architecture), so I used it in the common sitting area when I needed it. We really enjoyed the staff, the food, the beauty of the inn, but we prefer B&Bs in quieter locations, so that is the only reason we wouldn't go back to this inn, and obviously, the location is out of the innkeeper's control. I would recommend this inn to others, but if you are looking for quiet, it may not be the right location, or one should specifically request the quietest room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family operated Inn that has changed the mindset of the traditional bed and breakfast. 1801 First has been branded as a landmark property according to The Napa Landmarks Association and continues to be the curb appeal Inn for all tourists and locals alike! We have owned this beauty for 3 1/2 years and have loved being apart of its rich history. A true luxury Inn with graceful rounded bay windows, courtyard gardens and romantic fireplaced lodgings adorn this historic and newly revitalized Queen Anne Victorian. Designed in 1903 by prominent Napa architect William Corlett, 1801 First has been meticulously transformed into an inviting chic retreat, blending its stunning classic architecture with sophisticated styling and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your 1801 First Luxury Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1801 1st Luxury Inn
- 1801 First Luxury Hotel Napa
- 1801 First Luxury Inn Napa, Napa Valley, CA