“Simple elegance and style ...”

Silverado Resort and Spa
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Napa
San Jose, CA
“Simple elegance and style ...”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Sometimes when we want a little getaway from home, we love Silverado Resort in Napa. Each time we come to Silverado we are given 5 star treatment all the way. It's quiet, the condos are clean, cozy and and very comfortable.
The Silverado Mansion's Royal Oak Steakhouse is simply amazing. Another favorite restaurant that we also frequent is The Grill, just next to the mansion. When we call the front desk to be picked up at our condo to be taken either to the manion, a restaurant or the spa, Mark or one of the other staff members arrives almost immediately with a large and comfortable golf cart and is always so cheerful and entertaining. Mark is one of our favorite drivers and always ready to take care of our every need.

Room service is also available, and if you just feel like staying in by the fireplace and watching a movie at your own place, no problem. There is no problem finding a pool to relax by or swim in since they have 10 here. If you're into tennis, there are 17 courts. The grounds are impeccable and the staff are all eager to please and make your stay a memorable one.

The beds are some of the most comfortable we've ever experienced here in the US. If you want a quiet and private getaway with all of the 5 star services you can imagine, this is the place for you.

Linda Lester
Gilroy, CA.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Thank you for your very nice review of Silverado Resort and Spa. We appreciate that you continue to come back and visit us and love hearing that you have a "favorite driver". We will make sure that Mark knows that his name was mentioned in your review. Again, thanks for your review and we will look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Korean first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I must say, I wanted to stay here but then opted for another resort initially. On the eve of the visit, I changed my plans and booked at Silverado and I am SO happy that I did. The resort is wonderful. Upon driving up, you see this gorgeous old manor with a very friendly reception. Mike was our bellman and he was lovely and informative. Our room exceeded my expectations. I booked a standard as we only stayed one night, but it was divine. Roomy, with a fireplace. Soft bed with nice bedding. It even had a small kitchenette and fridge. The gym in the spa is perfect and a must for those fitness types. I always try to select a place with a gym and often find then nice but on the small side. The Silverado Resort's gym is spacious and state of the art. The spa is reasonable priced as well. We were checked in promptly and with great customer service. The price is very reasonable and for an additional small fee you get access to the gym, tennis courts, pools and free and fast wifi. I was very impressed and would come back again for sure. My only regret is I only booked one night as this is a place I could easily enjoy for a couple of nights. Top notch.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbarazway
Thanks for your kind review of Silverado Resort and Spa. We are very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back at the Resort soon!
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 16 March 2012

This was a fantastic get away for me and my sister and we left yesterday. We had travelled the pacific coast from LA and were in so need of relaxation. This resort offered so much . We loved the 1 bedroom suite with a fireplace and we were blessed to be overlooking the golf course and the mountains. The beds were super comfy and mostly the comforter was really cosy that i did not leave my room the next day. The staff were also great and we just loved the whole experience that we will definately be back with our potential others in the future. The spa (body wrap room) however was not as great, it lacked the ambiance that you should get when you are getting a body wrap. I had an organic body wrap that cost $186 including the gratuity which was just sub-par. I have had better experiences. I only hope they can re-vamp that treatment room and make it more cosy. There was really no spa feeling in this particular room that all body wraps are done. Otherwise the masseusse was very friendly but the lady in the front desk (Ashley) or sth was rather rude over the phone. I would recommend taking a tour of the spa before booking their treatments. Their towels were also really old, rough and brown which also doesn't give you a spa feeling. I had to ask for the white towels that were in the changing rooms. The changing rooms and showers and bathrooms were also great and their gymn was also okey. On a positive note though the accomodation is really really nice and as i said, i would still return but use the spa at a different location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for you review of Silverado Resort & Spa. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I do want to let you know that your concerns with your Spa experience were forwarded on to management who immediately responded. They have since added more candles to that particular treatment room to soften up the atmosphere a bit. With regard to the brown towels you referred to, they are actually an Italian cotton towel with a specific weave that helps to take off product, however, we did find out that that treatment room was not using the fluffy white towels after treatments and that has since been changed, thanks to your comments. We take what our guests say very seriously to ensure that each person that stays here has a great experience. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to see you at Silverado Resort and Spa soon.
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stayed here for one night. We had a condo with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It was right on the golf course. We arrived about 8 pm and the staff was great! The bellman offered to take us to our condo, which was about a block away, but we found it just fine. It was very clean, quiet, and the beds were great. Beautiful atmosphere!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review the Resort. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and will look forward to welcoming you back to Silverado Resort and Spa in the very near future.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Being from San Francisco, I spend a fair amount of time in Napa, having stayed at multiple hotels in the area, we decided to try out Sliverado. Booked two rooms at The Sliverado Resort this past February. Upon arrival (6pm) we were told our rooms were not ready, after waiting nearly an hour we checked into our rooms at 7pm. Rooms are dated and lack cleanliness, we had trail mix in our closet, which was obviously left over from the last guest. In addition, it was my wife's birthday and our good friend had arranged for champagne to be waiting in our room, it was not there. Our friend had to contact the resort several times before she was able to have the champagne delivered (well after dinner). Now, three weeks after our stay I was charged a resort fee, I have no problem paying a resort fee, however this was not mentioned to me upon check-in or check-out, I should have been charged that day. When I called the resort, they said their billing got "messed up" for the weekend I stayed there. So they charged peoples credit cards much later, they didn't have any of my information on file (because I booked through a third party), so they couldn’t contact me. I explained my dissatisfaction; being billed three weeks after a hotel stay, without my authorization is bad business. There was no effort on their part to remedy the situation. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank LyzSF
LegendaryNapa, Service Ambassador at Silverado Resort and Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2012
First of all thank you so much for taking the time to fill us in with regard to your recent stay. I want to apologize that you did not have the level of service Silverado Resort and Spa is known for here in the Napa Valley. I am especially sorry that it happened all on such a special occassion for your wife.

I can assure you that this review has been passed along to our management staff for follow up so we can make sure that all the issues you noted are addressed.

With that said, I would still like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I may be reached at info@silveradoresort.com. I will look forward to hearing from you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
6.1 km away
6.6 km away
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
5.1 km away
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to Silverado Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!