“Get your tickets on Groupon!”

Computer History Museum
Computer History Museum General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After doing the Tesla Factory Tour in Fremont (offered for free to current owners), we decided to drive to Mountain View to do this museum. Overall we spent less than 2 hours, but did not read everything or watch any videos, or see demos. I would have liked to spend more time as I work in the IT industry and remember a lot of the old equipment / evolution, but I was there with family (husband and sons - ages 15 and 22) and they’re not into all the detail. They did find it interesting though but 2 hours was max for them, especially since we had seen a lot of the same stuff at the Smithsonian and Newseum in DC, and Deutsche Museum in Munich. They do offer discounted tickets on Groupon — so be sure to check for that. I was also fortunate in that I had a special Groupon promo code in my email that day, so got an additional 50% off. Our total cost was $17 for a family of 4 — which definitely made it more palatable since I knew we wouldn’t be spending a lot of time there. Before you depart, be sure to go into the other sections to the left of the entrance - lots of cool stuff there as well. Afterwards, we drove by the Google Offices just to see what the area looked like and spotted several of the ubiquitous Google bikes. The museum is open Wed through Sunday from 10am to 5pm, but be sure to check their hours before going.

All reviews
"hour visit"
"interesting place"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place definitely exceeded my expectations! We spent three hours here and were rushed because of the closing time, so you could definitely spend even longer. The main part of the museum has exhibits starting with the abacus and slide rule and progressing to modern/current uses of computers and types of computing. Extremely comprehensive and informative. It is very visual – lots of text to read and objects to look at – so I would have appreciated an audio guide, but that’s just me. There are some monitors with interviews/exclamations/films about various aspects of the technology, which makes it more multi sensory. You can also take a one hour guided orientation to her during museum certain times of the day, but since we only had three hours we opted to just look on our own. Glad they offer that though. There are also two reconstructions of labs from I believe 1959 or so, and another large exhibit with several interactive components. You can also sit in a Waymo Google self driving car! I think everyone will learn at least several new things from visiting this fantastic museum. I found the admission price of $17.50 for adults and $13.50 to be extremely worth it. The customer service/ticket seller was also so enthusiastic and a wonderful ambassador for the museum! The gift shop was a little overpriced but had some cool items inside for all ages. Definitely don’t miss this if you’re in Silicon Valley!

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went in a Friday. We were here about 1.5 hours. Lots of interesting info and artifacts. Wish it was more about more recent computer, gaming and communication info. There is more about the super early forms of card punching than needed. Disappointed that the two labs have nothing happening unless your there in a wed or fri. Groupon offers much better pricing. It is not worth paying $17.50 per adult and $13.50 per child. We paid $32 for all four on Groupon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Massive space upstairs perfect for meetings and conferences as they have many large spaces. The food was fantastic and the building modern. Looked briefly downstairs on the museum and it looked to be very interesting and informative if you’re technoor technology inclined.