“Always a fun place for adults.”
Review of Stephens Green

Stephens Green
Ranked #54 of 329 Restaurants in Mountain View
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Stephens Green is a Premier All Sports Irish Bar and Restaurant in downtown Mountain View. Serving up Irish favorites and breakfasts on weekends with indoor and outdoor heated seating, Stephens Green blends a true and genuine taste of Ireland with a selection of 35 worldwide premium and craft beers. Sports fans gather here daily for live coverage of domestic and international sporting events shown on 13 high definition screens featuring a 106" main screen. Opens early on week ends during NFL and College football season.
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Always a fun place to enjoy friends, drinks, food and watch sports games and listen to music. We my wife and I and our adult kids have enjoyed the fun and sports games here. It is busy but just a fun good place.

There are newer reviews for Stephens Green

Reviewed 19 May 2016

We come here from time to time but we really came here for St. Patrick's day. As you can imagine the craze here during St. Patrick's day, but the food and the service were as excellent as usual. We had the classic corn beef and cabbage while the kids had chicken fingers. The Irish band playing live was great.
I particularly applaud the general manager of Stephens Green, a great guy, who knows exactly how to make a customer happy and resolve a potential unfriendly situation.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Location – Downtown Mountain View, Off of 101 or 237.
Parking – It can be tight. Especially during dinner hours 6pm-8pm. Everyone wants to go and get some food. After dinner there is a short break when people leave. Then around 10pm, the partiers start to come down and take those empty parking spots. Luckily, my husband and I parked in a free parking structure next to Walgreens. It is safe. Don’t worry about your car. Then a two block walk to the pub.

Food at St. Stephen’s Green – Delicious. They make everything in house and nothing is frozen. I ordered Guinness Steak Pie. It came to my table nice and hot. Let me tell you how large and meaty the chunks of steak were. I was surprised about the quality of the meat. Most restaurants skimp out and use cheap quality meat. Not at this restaurant. There was enough meat in the pie to have meat in every bite. The mashed potatoes were delicious too. My plate also came with some veggies. But after eating a huge pie and the mashed pods, I couldn’t eat any more. Honest, I even shared this pie with my husband and I barely could finish it on my own. The price was $16.99.

My husband ordered a bison burger. I didn’t taste it because my husband ate it so fast. While my husband was eating all I could really understand, through a mouth full of food, was something like “This burger is amazing.” Chomp chomp chomp. The burger was cooked to order and about ½ an inch thick. The plate came with a load of French fries. My husband wasn’t able to finish the French fries after eating the huge burger. I don’t remember the price of this.

For dessert, we ordered the Tullamore Dew Crème Brulee. I was not impressed by this. I guess I’m not a crème brulee fan. My husband, on the other hand, ate it like it was the last dessert he’d ever have in his life again. The price was $8.29.

The atmosphere – my husband and I went to attend the UFC fight. The cover was $15.00 (per person) at the door and you were given a green wrist band. We did not know what to expect and how large of a crowd that would be there. We arrived about 30min before the fight started and were able to find good seats. I’d say the pub was already 80% full at this point. This pub has many TVs so from any and every angle you sit in you will be able to see a screen. The volume of the action is also played very loud, which pumped up the crowd. I did notice that some people had arrived earlier than we did and were saving seats. Like 5 seats each. That’s too many seats to save, especially since it is a first come first serve environment, stated by the signs placed on the tables. Soon enough the pub was full and there was standing room only. This place was full of excitement during the matches. This is not a quiet place. People were jumping, high-fiving, swearing, screaming, yelling and just plain excited.

The wait staff – I have to say they do an excellent job to make sure everyone has what they need with food and beer before, during and after the UFC fight. They were constantly running back and forth between the crowd, bar and kitchen. No complaints here.

The bathroom – clean and tidy. You know sometimes customers at a pub drink too much and make the bathroom into an equivalent of a gas station or truck stop bathroom. Well, not here. Maybe it was the customers keeping their business in the toilet or the trash or there were cleaners, but overall using the bathroom it was a sign of relief.

Reviewed 9 March 2016

They had some great beer selections, good service and decent prices...but I was disappointed they mainly had a lot of burgers and fish and chips, but no corned beef and cabbage :-(

Reviewed 18 February 2016

I found St. Stephens Green when I moved to Mountain View years ago. I'm Irish and I look for great pubs. St. Stephens Green is a great Irish pub. If you go for a sports event there are plenty of TV's but you can also find a nook to sit and be on your own. The food is fantastic Irish pub food. It is prepared the way you would expect. The selection of beer on tap is extensive and there are a good number of wines and liquor's as well. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is my goto pub in the bay area.