“I would stay here again”

Ramada Mountain View
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
San Francisco, California, United States
“I would stay here again”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Ramada and we were impressed with the great customer service. We were here to go the BFD at Shoreline. I booked this hotel because the price was reasonable and they made us feel welcome. They gave us a great room, no problems with the toilet, plenty of hot water, the shower was terrific. The only thing that I had an issude is with the swimming pool having some pollen in it and the jacuzzi had some leaves in it and it wasn't hot. The continental breakfast was great, the waffle machine was awesome. Yes I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: The room had a lot of light and it was very spacious.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed 3 June 2012

The location is convienent right off 101. Real close to dwntwn, those are pluses. The room is small for 4 people not updated. Bathroom is really small. Toilet didn't flush unless you held the handle down.
This is one of two pet friendly hotels. I can't complain to much because the accept my furry family members. I appreciate that. Also the hot breakfast saves you money and isn't bad.

• Stayed June 2012
Saratoga, California
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Not bad for the price, and the location was great for what I needed. It was quiet and relatively clean so the basics are good. But you get what you pay for, the hotel is pretty dated with older fixtures, old school tube TV, etc.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I booked this Hotel as it was simply great value and was fairly central to the 3 main areas I needed to visit this week - Palo Alto, Mountain View and Menlo Park. To be honest, for the price I paid I wasn't expecting very much but I was pleasantly surprised. Firstly, the room was basic but it was large with a great bed, a desk and lots of lighting. There was also a coffee maker, a large fridge and a microwave. The air conditioning was colder than a Polar bears feet. The bathroom was basic but the shower was excellent and there was loads of hot water. There wasn't much noise from the Motorway (Highway?) which is close to the Hotel so I slept like a baby. So the other important bits:
- The breakfast was great. Hot and cold items, lots of bread/cereals/juice and fruit. The coffee was especially good. In fact, I will miss the coffee and the scrambled eggs when I get back to the UK.
- The location is good for a few reasons. If you are a walker/runner you'll be happy as it close to the Trail which takes you almost into Mountain View and right out to Shoreline. I ran every day before it got too warm. 2 miles out to Shoreline and 2 miles back. There is a water fountain half way and the Trail is wide and safe. Lots of people use it!
- The Fitness Centre is ok. I used this on the first day and it's very basic (no weights) but it has a few machines, a TV and the air conditioning is good. It's fine if you want to keep out of the sun.
- Facilities nearby. Lots! There is a small supermarket less than 40 seconds walk away. It serves Mexican food to take away and I've got to say the food quality was very high. It's also not expensive. Further afield, on the main road to downtown Mountain View, there is a great Chinese restaurant (15 minutes walk) and again the food quality is very high. I walked to downtown Mountain View and back at least once a day and it took me less than 30 minutes each way. The pavements (sidewalk?) are wide and good quality. In downtown Mountain View there is a street of at least 30 restaurants and bars and most have free wifi.
- The Hotel reception people were very nice and friendly. They loaned me a power adaptor (free) and were happy to call Taxis for me at the drop of a hat. NB. Taxis to and from Mountain View are about $9 so $11 with a tip.
- Bedding and towels were immaculate and were changed every day. They were literally spotless and the towels were lovely and soft.
- Room security seems fine. Usual 2 types of lock on the inside and a plastic key for entry into the room.
- Free wifi in hotel. No problems with this and fairly decent speeds.
- TV Channels in room. About 35.

So all in all, I am very happy with the stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor seem quieter. I stayed above the reception area in room 206.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Fresno, California
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I was hoping for a nicer facility, but overall I was very satisfied.

Room Tip: King beds, are in bigger rooms.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple