All reviews bed and breakfast spanish style spent two nights hosts suite bath sheets
Reviewed 15 August 2017

This is my second review. I came here solo a year ago on my motorcycle and this place was a lifesaver as i was suffering from heat exaustion and fell in love w the huge tub.

Last time i said i woul come back w my partner and we came for five days in another bloddy heat wave. We stayed in the down stairs suite and loved the quite , the garden, and the town. The bed was comfy..no bath but a shower. A bar w a fridge and all that in the main room. They had a well developed book on hot spots in the area centered on small adventures. We did a few of them.
Break fast was great everyday in the gazebo. A nice variety of food good coffee juice. I will not complain. The price was better than most and the hosts a blast. Loenna is a hiker and ine day did the mountain ridge just the the west the Eddys. On other guest was a new yorker who loved it her and he had just done Mt Shasta! We had a great time

Room tip: The small suite is pretty nice sized. I ahve stayed in the main house too which i like.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2017

My husband and I made a reservation with the Dream Inn because of it's beautiful curb appeal. The woman checking us in was very kind and welcoming.

However, I STRONGLY recommend NOT staying here.

Our room was filled with ants (baseboards, side tables, bathroom, etc). After telling the woman this, she was very understanding about refunding our reservation. But then, the "housekeeper" who apparently lives and runs the Inn too, came in accusing us of lying. After showing him the ants, he started mocking us for not being able to handle a few ants. He then ordered us out of the house and asked us to take our trash with us. The confrontation was so intense that I ended up having to call the cops for fear he would get physical. For the sake of safety, I would not recommend sleeping under the same roof as this man.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
lonnadream, Owner at Dream Inn Mount Shasta, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

I (Lonna) have read all the negatives reviews on Dream Inn that You (Kristen B.) have posted on Yelp, Google, and Trip Advisor but what you neglected to include was that you and your husband had called Dream Inn while coming down off a (3) day climb on Mount Shasta (yes, I saw your summit photo). There are ants, mosquitoes and spiders galore on that Mountain and it's funny that they didn't seem to bother you there or cause you to be "allergic". One thing your husband requested was access to our washer/dryer to wash your dirty clothes, and I accommodated this request. When you arrived an hour early carrying your backpacks and all your equipment I showed you directly to Room #1 with the King bed and private bath. You and your husband went in Room #1 and dropped your backpacks and observed the bedroom and bath without complaint. You then registered and paid visa for your Room reservation then you both went back to Room #1 to take showers and not until after your showers did I see your husband again who said you wanted to leave with a full refund because you "saw ants" and felt "allergic". At that point without hesitation I refunded completely your visa account for (1) nights reservation without even looking in that Room for the "ants"you said you had seen. My "housekeeper" went to Room #1 which he had completely cleaned that morning and asked you to show him the "ants". He said he saw about a dozen and noticed that you had opened all the windows. He also noticed that there was trash from your backpacks and "some ants" most likely from your (3) day climb and your dirty clothes. Then the "housekeeper" asked you to pay for your showers and towels since you had already been refunded in full for your Room. Your husband refused to pay anything at all for the use of the room, showers, or towels and he claimed he was inconvenienced. Your husband argued loud enough that I could hear him as I stood in the kitchen that he would not pay. I heard my "housekeeper" say "so you are going to hit me!" That was when the "housekeeper " told you to leave and get out with your trash (and ants). At some point you called the cops because your husband was yelling at the "housekeeper " and then actually left before the cops arrived. The cops wanted to talk to you but we had seen you drive away The Officer came back later and asked us if we were okay. I thought we were used/setup for the purposes of you two getting showers and then making up excuses to leave and get your full refund. Not only that, you threatened to go to Google and write a negative review and now I find that same negative review on Trip Advisor and Yelp. What more damage can you do to this (24 year old) business who welcomed you in and even offered the use of our washer/dryer to clean your dirty clothes plus refunded your money. I am refuting your negative reviews on all pages you posted. Innkeepers have the right to ask you to leave when you are threatening even after I tried to remedy your concerns by refunding your money. These negative reviews are an extreme example of social media gone wrong to the point of "blackmail" and vengefulness. Lonna, Innkeeper Dream Inn Mount Shasta, California.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

What a lovely surprise. One of the nicest B&B's we have ever stayed in. We arrived late and Lonna left the door open for us and we felt so welcomed. The room was beautifully decorated and in top notch condition. I'm the owner of a boutique hotel and I know quality when I see it. The breakfast was delicious and artfully presented. The common rooms were festooned with many antique collectables. Very interesting to admire. Lonna and her partner, David, were very informative about the area and recommended a walk close by across meadows with excellent views of Mt Shasta. I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Kudos to the hosts!

Room tip: We stayed in room #1. We did look at some of the other rooms the next day and they were all well done.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2017

Rural towns often don't have the perfect little place to stay. I have passed through here for work several times and like the Dream Inn enough to vacation in too. The building is a converted house, the interior is decorated with an eclectic mix of historical memorabilia, and the host is wonderful. The rooms I have stayed in have been comfortable and the shared bathroom is huge and well-appointed. Breakfast can be early and is certainly good enough to get you going and can be quite tasty. Definitely worth having this be your go-to for long-distance I-5 travel.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016

We stayed here over the Labor Day holiday. Room was quite large, king bed was comfortable. Towels and washcloths need replacing, updated. Rough and worn thin. Loved the 6 ft oversized claw foot tub, a plus.
Inn keeper, Lana? never introduced...did the breakfast meals, which was a light breakfast, and was very good. Not your typical Innkeeper. Service in sweatpants and socks. Didn't engage in conversation until I pushed with some friendly questions.
Rates are very reasonable. Would stay again

Date of stay: September 2016