“Food was good”

Ranked #12 of 107 Restaurants in Morro Bay
Price range: USD 9 - USD 23
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Spectacular views and outdoor tables make this "Bistro on the Bay" a perfect spot to relax, enjoy a latte or organic coffee and hot breakfast.Breakfast is served all day. In addition to the indoor seating, there are 18 outdoor waterfront tables to enjoy watching the seals, otters, pelicans and other nature as well as watching the sailboats drift by. There is soothing live weekend entertainment in the morning and it gets a bit kicked up in the afternoon during happy hour and they have their own house wine among a great wine list. The scene is gorgeous and a glassed in area is provided to enjoy the outdoors when it is windy. Sunset is beautiful from this location while dinner is served. Fresh local seafood is the main dish along with pastas and fresh salads.
Reviewed 9 September 2018

I really enjoyed eating here. The service was okay, a bit slow at times. However with a great view of the bay...who cares! I enjoyed many items. It is important to note seating is limited and fills up quickly.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Got there just before closing and they welcomed us. Sat outside next to the plexiglass windbreak and had a nice dinner and view. Appreciated that they had a vegan option. Life Is Good

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining there both mornings we were in Morro Bay. Victoria was our server and was super efficient, remembered us and just made the delicious breakfast and view 5 Star. It’s a great spot but as a server myself Victoria wowed us. Thanks again!
I recommend the veggie scramble for breakfast.

2  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I'm sure they serve other meals, but we had a lovely breakfast by the bay. The service was good, food was tasty and I was able to get a side of avocado--which is always a plus in my book.

1  Thank Lynn F
Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Came here on hotel desk and trip advisor recommendations, seeking somewhere with decent seafood, a nice view, and not too ostentatious. Blue Sky Bistro fit the bill. Loved the grilled prawns and the avocado salad and glass of wine was under $30. Super view of Morro Rock, boats and seals right from the deck. Closes relatively early - as do many places on CA’s central coast - so don’t start your dinner prowling at 8:30pm and expect too much choice!

1  Thank K8250BObarbarag