All reviews state park bird sanctuary hotel restaurant great happy hour heat wave sea birds nice fireplace close to town great view stayed nights gas fireplace ocean view mini fridge second floor king bed beautiful room short drive
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Happy hour is from 2-6. Very nice wine list plus money off wine beer and appetizers. All of this accompanied by a spectacular 180 degree view of the bay including The Rock. The staff was friendly very helpful and made our birthday celebration memorable!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Dear rds4joy,

It is great to hear that you had a great Happy Birthday Happy Hour with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant...and you are correct...the views and sunsets are incredible! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We cancelled our room because our travel plans had changed. I cancelled well within the cancellation policy. We booked through another website. I called to have this fixed. I was told we were charged in error, and it would be fixed. However, a week later with no credit to my card, I had to have my credit card company reverse the charges. Very poor service and frustrating that we were charged even though the room was cancelled.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank lisa k
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent review of the Inn at Morro Bay. It is important to hear the facts...you were a No-Show...we held the room all night as you did not cancel your reservation, and for that we charged you. We would never charge anyone who cancels within our liberal 48 hour policy.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We spent one night at the Inn at Morro Bay. The view from our room was beautiful. However, the room was average and the bathroom was dated. We did enjoy a nice breakfast at the restaurant the next morning. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear JMH1986,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the historic Inn at Morro Bay. We love our guests and hope to see you back soon. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and you will be happy to know that we will begin our room renovations this winter! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed three nights. Rm 529. View from room unbeatable, quintessential Morro Bay. Room has no a/c, they use fans. Cleanliness, below average. Room decor modern adequate, although ac plugs are cheap and they utilize lamp plugs which are problematic. I wouldn't eat at restaurant, food and service spotty, there are better places in town, although restaurant views are nice. The room view is why I rate this (motel) a four.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Robert,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel...and yes the views are incredible! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I'm sure this is a very nice place, and if it had AC in the rooms I'd probably have given it 3 or 4 stars. (It does have free in-room wifi.). But it doesn't. The only way my room (405 on the first floor and overlooking the water) could be comfortable for me to sleep in was if I kept open both the ground level sliding glass door and the door to my room. Something of a security issue there. Even though I might be cool enough, I don't think I'd sleep that well. :(

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathy1945

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the historic Inn at Morro Bay. We strive to offer our guests the finest on the coast. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!