All reviewsstate parkbird sanctuaryhotel restaurantgreat happy hourheat wavesea birdsnice fireplaceclose to towngreat viewstayed nightsgas fireplaceocean viewmini fridgesecond floorking bedbeautiful roomshort drive
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We cancelled our room because our travel plans had changed. I cancelled well within the cancellation policy. We booked through another website. I called to have this fixed. I was told we were charged in error, and it would be fixed. However, a week later with no credit to my card, I had to have my credit card company reverse the charges. Very poor service and frustrating that we were charged even though the room was cancelled.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank lisa k
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent review of the Inn at Morro Bay. It is important to hear the facts...you were a No-Show...we held the room all night as you did not cancel your reservation, and for that we charged you. We would never charge anyone who cancels within our liberal 48 hour policy.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We spent one night at the Inn at Morro Bay. The view from our room was beautiful. However, the room was average and the bathroom was dated. We did enjoy a nice breakfast at the restaurant the next morning. Staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear JMH1986,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the historic Inn at Morro Bay. We love our guests and hope to see you back soon. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and you will be happy to know that we will begin our room renovations this winter! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed three nights. Rm 529. View from room unbeatable, quintessential Morro Bay. Room has no a/c, they use fans. Cleanliness, below average. Room decor modern adequate, although ac plugs are cheap and they utilize lamp plugs which are problematic. I wouldn't eat at restaurant, food and service spotty, there are better places in town, although restaurant views are nice. The room view is why I rate this (motel) a four.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Robert,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel...and yes the views are incredible! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

I'm sure this is a very nice place, and if it had AC in the rooms I'd probably have given it 3 or 4 stars. (It does have free in-room wifi.). But it doesn't. The only way my room (405 on the first floor and overlooking the water) could be comfortable for me to sleep in was if I kept open both the ground level sliding glass door and the door to my room. Something of a security issue there. Even though I might be cool enough, I don't think I'd sleep that well. :(

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kathy1945

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the historic Inn at Morro Bay. We strive to offer our guests the finest on the coast. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sunday night with a Groupon voucher. We paid extra for the Bay View room. With taxes almost $200 a night, not worth it. Room was tired and stuffy. Couldn't keep the shutters open because anyone walking up the stairs to that floor could look right inside our room. Barking dogs on one side and crying toddler on the other. Felt like a motel with little privacy. Can't even imagine staying in the other rooms with no view.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank needhelp2travel
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear needhelp2travel,

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We strive to make every guest encounter a positive and memorable one. We regret that we missed the mark on your most recent stay with us.

I understand that you were dissatisfied with noise from children and pet noise. I want you to know that we are using this feedback to improve our guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Warm Regards,