We stayed here Tuesday & Wednesday September 5th & 6th via a Groupon, Room 502.... which really wasn't much of a deal. I say that because, as I requested a Bay View & advanced dates, the room was not the low price of $115 per night as per Groupon's ad but $139 a night for an off season room.
The room itself was nice & mostly clean except for the shower wall tile grout. The ceiling fan was not over the bed, but over towards the windows, and it kept scraping against the shutters (which we finally propped back w/ our luggage).
The bed & pillows were comfortable and as it was off season, all the guests were spread-out, not all crammed together in one building, making for noise.
There was no microwave except in the lobby, so I'm guessing they do not want guests eating in the room, rather in their restaurant. There was no complimentary breakfast or water, only coffee. Which is why I only rated this Three (3) Stars.....
The refrigerator was tiny and so low to the floor that it was difficult to put anything in it. There were no glasses only coffee mugs.
The stairwell was filthy with cigarette butts (people are slobs)...
We did have 2 luggage racks, but not enough shower gel or shampoo for 2 people, but we usually bring our own.
There was a GREAT View of the estuary, pelicans, cormorants, turkey vultures, blue herons, & deer. There is no direct beach access, but you can walk past the National Heron Rookery to the beach (less than 1/4 mile), but do beware of the no-see-ums... I was bitten all over.
Patio chairs & a table would have been nice, but we improvised.
The staff was exceptionally nice & helpful....
As it is just outside of town and across from a golf course & adjacent to the State Park, it makes for less traffic.
We will be going back as it is a good place to visit, shop, eat & less than 30 miles from Hearst Castle & San Luis Obispo...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Breathe deeply, and relax. Savor the rejuvenating ambiance of California's Central Coast. You've just found paradise. Surrounded by 4,000 acres of rugged woodlands and overlooking Morro Bay and the Pacific Ocean, our newly renovated hotel is a serene destination for your next coastal getaway. Explore wineries, walk along the sand, tour historic sites, or simply exhale and be. Delight in a stunning waterfront location, and discover one of the most appealing hotels in Morro Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, lastminute.com.au, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Inn at Morro Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At Morro Bay Hotel Morro Bay
- Hotel Morro Bay
- Morro Bay Inn
- Inn Morro Bay
- Inn At Morro Bay California