All reviewsstate parkbird sanctuaryhotel restaurantgreat happy hourheat wavesea birdsnice fireplaceclose to towngreat viewstayed nightsgas fireplaceocean viewmini fridgesecond floorking bedbeautiful roomshort drive
Reviewed 8 September 2017

our stay at this hotel was a nightmare was so hot like a sweat lodge and giant mosquitos ate up the family all weekend and I booked this and paid on groupon and the manager Joel had the ordasity to lie to my face and say he didn't charge my credit card and the minute I turned around he did he like's to argue with the customers and give them a hard time such bad customer service and till this day he hasn't refunded my money don't stay at this hotel

Room Tip: no ac in rooms people read fine print
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank villastar2585
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Villastar2585,

I am very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We strive to make every guest encounter a positive and memorable one. We regret that we missed the mark on your most recent stay with us.

I understand that you were dissatisfied with the heat and mosquitos, both out of our control. Please note that you were refunded through Groupon the same day...Joel is an honest man. I want you to know that we are using this feedback to improve our guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Found this gem in the middle of a Ca. heat wave. Has a nice pool and hot tub. The morning and evening fog made the hot tub even better! This place is kinda dated and worn. But it was very clean! Conveniently located just south of town and next to the State park & campground. Great happy hour with an awesome bartender. Didn't have any meals there but they did look good and a wine selection that was very impressive. I stayed here for 5 relaxing days. Pet friendly although I did not bring mine. Great location, minutes from SLO, Hearst Castle, Paso Robles, Cambria. Value priced....another perk. I will be back, no doubt.

Room Tip: The Garden view rooms have a balcony. Some upstair rooms also have a Bay view.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Dear HBwino,

It is great to hear that you had a relaxing getaway with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Yesterday, my wife and I had horrendous day; a true 'ballache' of a day. We had driven from Las Vegas to Santa Monica the day before and hadn't been able to find anywhere - and I mean ANYWHERE - to stay so we ended-up sleeping in the car at the side of Hwy 1 in Malibu. So, yesterday, we decided to drive further up the coast to try and find somewhere - either campground or motel (we have a tent) - but, again, there was nothing in Ventura, Santa Barbara, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo, Atascadero, Templeton... anywhere.

At 12:30am, we rolled into the Inn's carpark and I went to Reception in a last-ditch effort to find a room. As expected there were no rooms available but a lovely man called Jacob (I think?) started calling around hotels in the area, told us where we could have a shower, let us use the hotel wifi and let us sleep in the car in their car park. After phoning countless campsites, hotels and motels with no humanity or assistance spared by anyone and after travelling around aimlessly for 8 hours, this act of kindness really did give us hope and a little bit of happiness.

Thank you Jacob, you're a good bloke.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tmcharles94
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Dear tmcharles94,

It is great to hear that Jacob saved the evening for you and family! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel...and to give Jacob some much deserved praise. We hope you will come back and visit us soon...reservations highly suggested!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Headed to Morrow Bay for a quick go to the beach, get out of the 110 degree heat we are having in Northern California trip. We have stayed at the inn at Morrow Bay before and each time the experience has been very good. Got a balcony room and had a nice view of the Bay....see the sunset pic. Decent sized, clean rooms that have a small fridge to use.

One the plus side....heated pool and hot tub, garden like setting, next to Morrow Bay State Park and golf course. The hotel has a pretty good restaurant and bar with a great local wine selection.

Only a couple minus items....loud landscaping at 8 am, a rather firm bed (which may be a plus for others) and only 2 sets of towels. The front desk was great getting us extra towels but since you are in a beach area you go through more towels and they should be in the room.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Ross,

It is great to hear that you had a first class "COOL" stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel...and I agree...more towels the better! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

We've stayed at this hotel for over 20 years. Just had the worst possible experience there, and will never return. After leaving two messages for management with the desk at approximately 9:06PM and again @ 6:08AM, we had to call the hotel to follow up @ 10:30A when it became clear that my messages were never going to be returned by the hotel's management staff.
Even more astonishing, Joel Koper (the manager we spoke with) promised to get back to us with a resolution to our problem that day. Two days later, and after sending an email to manager Charlie Yates + Joel Koper, (with a video attachment) we still haven't heard from anyone in management at the Inn @ Morro Bay.
Our sad story: we dined at the Inn's restaurant and returned to Room 521 at approximately 7:30P, after visiting friends in Morro Bay. Note: no 45-50' RV was parked in the single lane, narrow parking near our room.
Sadly, when we returned to room 521 from dinner in the restaurant at approximately 9:00P, there was a grossly oversized 45-50' RV parked in the single lane parking below (FIRE HAZARD) - running it's diesel generator full blast. We'd left our windows open to air out the room when we checked in @ 4:00P - thus our room (and numerous others) were filled with noxious diesel fumes from the RV's generator + the LOUD, CONTINUED NOISE of the generator running.
I called the front desk to alert them to this multiple noise/fume/fire hazard issue. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed (unbelievably!) that no manager would be available between 9:00P-9:00A. (One can only wonder what would it take for a manager of the hotel to return a guest's call during this 12 hour time frame?)
At dawn we were woken up at 6:00AM by the film crew's RV revving up - and called the front desk again. We were aware that were not the only guests who complained about the film crew's presence on the property, and the havoc management allowed the crew to wreak on your many other guests throughout their stay.
Why the hotel chose to scatter 18 film crew members rooms -knowing full well they have odd hours- throughout the property will forever be a mystery to those of us who have been loyal, long time customers. The amateur driver of the RV (that blocked all bay view rooms in block 500 by illegally blocking a lane) took 30 minutes to back up and out of the parking lot - with a crew member yelling driving tips.
This obstruction of the lane by the RV created a dangerous fire hazard, as well as a noise issue at dawn. We requested a full refund for our room fee, but have heard nothing from hotel management. We'll never return, and would urge anyone considering an overnight stay here to look elsewhere!

Room Tip: go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Foodtraveler88
Charlie Y, General Manager at Inn at Morro Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Dear Foodtravler88,

I understand that you were dissatisfied with the misguided RV and film crew as well as a management reply. Please note that we did in fact refund you completely due to the unfortunate noise and lack of response from our team. We have met as a team to ensure that issues such as this do not repeat. I want you to know that we are using this feedback to improve our guest experience in the future.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback.

and