All reviews walking distance to everything morro rock shops and restaurants rooms are small microwave upgrades highway bay
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Decided to stay a night in beautiful Morro Bay last minute and booked a room online. The nighttime reception at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. The room was cute and clean. The next morning, another lovely staff member joked that we had booked the "coziest" room--I guess it's the smallest room in the hotel, but we loved it! It was adjacent to the upstairs outdoor balcony/seating area. Everyone here is so friendly! Can't beat the price/service. Also, if you're a garden/succulent lover, their hanging pots are truly impressive. Loved our experience here, will book again ❤️

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018

I've stayed at this hotel 3 times over the past year, and the reviews about the great location and nice property upgrades are fair and accurate. But the owner has a greed streak that needs to be discussed. I was trying to book his hotel and the site had a glitch that booked it for the wrong date, so I was charged as a "no show." Even after the site brought the problem to his attention, he elected to keep the money anyway. When I called to talk to him about it he claimed that the owner wasn't there, but I've seen and heard him so many times that I KNOW his voice because of his broken English! John and Shane don't sound ANYTHING like him! Watch your pocketbooks around this guy folks! Being a repeat customer won't help you much!

Room Tip: All the rooms are more than adequate, and some are quite specious.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2018

My wife and I just had to get away from our 100 plus temps in Bako (Bakersfield) and decided a two day mini stay was needed. At this time of the year it is hard to find rooms around Morro Bay that are a reasonable price. The Seaside is just the place if you don't need to have a hot breakfast and lots of amenities. They do have wifi , coffee, microwave, and refrig in every room so you can decide for yourself what else you need but for us, this was good for a quick stay over. The bathroom has been remodeled recently which is always nice. The rooms are a bit small but certainly adequate. The nice part is the motel is one block off the Embarcadero on the north side which makes a walk over to the "rock" and the beach very convenient. In the morning you can walk down the hill to Frankie and Lola's for breakfast and then on to the beach. On the way back if you are hungry you can stop at the Harbor Hut or American Fish Company for fresh fish and chips or whatever you like. The motel manager is very friendly and will help you in any way he can. There is fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning. I would recommend this motel if you are on a budget or need a quiet room for the night.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view but there is a small deck above the entrance that you can sit and see the "rock".
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Front desk person, Shane, was fantastic. I called to make sure they had a downstairs room (I can't do stairs), and he held the room for me for a few minutes while I made my reservation online to snag some perks. When I checked in he made everything easy and great. When our refrigerator became so noisy that we could not think about sleeping, Shane came to the room, unplugged it, and put towels inside to absorb any water drips from the defrosting freezer.

We had a room with 2 beds (they were queen sized), so that 4 people could have stayed in the room. We were only 2 people. Very comfortable mattresses. Bathroom too small for even 2 people to share comfortably. No USB charging provided. Only 1 bedside lamp for 2 beds - and the light was too dim to read.

The only problem was with the property itself. Property is non-smoking "inside the rooms" and supposedly has "designated outdoor smoking areas." There was smoking right outside the lobby, and it seemed someone was smoking there pretty much around-the-clock. Disgusting smells from the smoke came into our room (clear across the cramped parking lot) so that we could not open our windows. When we returned after dark, there was a party near the lobby, outside in the walkway in front of room windows, with everyone smoking, and the parking lot was completely full of cars so that we had to park on the street around the corner - no room at the inn! Smoke everywhere. No parking. Miserable. But the bed WAS comfy. Rate was too high for amenities, not a good value.

Room Tip: If you're sensitive to smoke, request room far from the office area.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Dea B
Reviewed 27 June 2018

Had a one night stay there on the way down the coast. The motel was right around the corner from the bars ad restaurants and walking distance to everything. The room was very comfortable and the wi-fi as good. Had a microwave and coffee machine.

Room Tip: Second floor would be better but not necessary
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple