“Tried a new place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 19 August 2018

on a day trip to Morro Bay we tried the Taco Temple. We had heard about how good the food was so we gave it a try. The staff was very friendly and took very good care of us. The servings are very generous. My companion had the cheese enchiladas and I had the Killer Alaskan fish taco. The enchiladas were so large that 2 covered the plate. It was accompanied by another plate with rice, beans and a salad. They are super cheesy, in face almost too much cheese! My taco was covered with so much salad I had to start eating it with a fork. I'm giving it grade of very good because it just wasn't my kind of mexican food. The place was packed ! Fun place nice staff.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Great place to arrive hungry after a walk on the beach. Salsa was available in a variety of heats, chips were homemade. We ordered a variety of tacos - Ling cod, shrimp and red snapper. The portions were plentiful and the service was very good.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

An outstanding variety of taco and burrito choices. Fish chicken beef veggie. Huge portions at least two for a mortal person.
Salsa choices. Patient staff.
Packed with customers.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We were on a road trip and had heard of Taco Temple and stopped as we passed through Morro Bay. I had the chile relleno that was good, but not what you are used to getting for chile relleno. I had read the description, and decided to try it because I love traditional chile relleno. It was good, but I prefer a good red sauce. My sister got the calamari tacos. Not really able to eat as a taco, because there is just so much calamari. It had shoestring fries that were a huge portion. We were not going to have a fridge at our hotel, so we wayyy overate. It was really good, but two people can easily share one meal.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Ok, we might come to Morro Bay just to visit Taco Temple. From San Diego it’s about 7 hours to get here.... soooo worth it!